Plenty of Cal's Left but Over Fat--HELP

Options
On my journal today I have over 400 calories left, a lot of carbs and protein but am over on my fat..... what should I do to get this to even out?!?! Should I just worry about my calories and not the fat or what? I am so confused!

Replies

• MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    This is what it looks like......I haven't even taken in my base calories and still have exercise calories on top of this.

Remaining
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    457 119 -3 6
  • majikmeg
    majikmeg Posts: 9
    Options
    What I find helps is entering the food before I eat and seeing how it effects my overall goal. If it puts me over in any category I don't eat it. Hope it helps.
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    are you hungry? if you're not hungry then just leave it. If you are, maybe have some fruit or something? Or maybe some vegetable soup? Don't worry about a -3, that's not very much over at all. i used to always go over on protein but I re-set my percentages so that it was more suited to how I eat on a daily basis (i think mines like 50% carb, 20% fat, 30% protein or something, can't really remember). If you're always going over, but you are still losing weight, you might want to adjust your percentages slightly- i mean, if you're losing weight and going over then it obviously works for you- my fitness pal is a general template, might not suit everybody! xxx
  • coach_anaya
    Options
    Eat some fruits or veggies. I just had some strawberries and they barely have any fat and some calories. I needed some more calories too. HTH
  • anla0866
    anla0866 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am pretty new to this site also and I was having the same problem. I just did alot of tweeking and adjusting and now I am having a hard time even reaching my goals but am eating more. Make sure you watch servings and read labels and you'll get it. Good luck!
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    I usually never go over my fat. I looked at the nutrition info on the back of tons of products at the store to find fat free items. Sunbeam light wheat bread (0g fat) for your sammichs, fat free milk for your cereal/shake/drink, limit your butter and cheese (I found that the low fat items still have a good amount of fat in them..at least for my taste), and of course lots of fruits and veggies to fill you up at snack time.

I just can't get my sodium down...
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'd watch the fruit, if you're near your sugar limit, I don't eat many fruits because of the sugar content, it really inhibits my results with my weight training, same with sodium. When I have calories left over and i'm still hungry, which is key here, don't eat if you're not hungry. I choose an egg white omelette with peppers or I go for tuna mixed with cottage cheese, low on the calorie scale, and a good source of protein.