Hi guys!

Options
So, the first step to change is admitting you have a problem, and guys, I have a problem. It's always hard to admit that and to be honest, I almost didn't make this post. I've always been a heavy kid growing up. Food and get togethers are very important in my families culture and these get-togethers happen more often than not, and we always have to eat till we're past full and eventually it took a toll on me. In high school however I hit a growth spurt and eventually had my height work great in correlation to my weight (so that it was considered healthy). Believing that I had a fast metabolism I didn't do anything to keep my weight in check and continued to eat the way I always did. Well, that didn't turn out well. I've always been in limbo telling myself "today is the day" "When I lose the weight so and so will be better" "I'll start tomorrow." Well, I'm tired of excuses. So here I am, 21 years old and finally have the balls to admit that I have a problem. That I want to change. For real this time.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to gain from writing all of this. Maybe it was great to just vent it out. But I'm glad I got this one lingering problem off my chest.

Oh, and if anyone wants to be friends on here feel free to add me! I'd love to have people to keep me in check and vice versa.

Replies

• pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know what's like with families, for some reason happiness and love equals food here. I'm glad you managed to say all this, it is a huge step. =)

Add me if you want, this thing sounds impossible at first, but in the end, we can do it.
  • krickan03
    krickan03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Takes guts to admit we have problems. Most of us on this site have the same problems and are now working towards are goals! Feel free to add me!
  • tbehling2
    tbehling2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Families and Food! I have been making excuses to start eating healthy for the same reason. There is always a family function coming up and I always say I will get back on track with my diet afterwards...but then there is always another function and so forth.

I'd love to help you along your journey! Feel free and add me.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I admire your honestly & wish you the best.

You can do this! :)

Feel free to add.
  • 6ee8ee
    6ee8ee Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm pretty new here too, and also working on losing about the same amount... Good luck to you! And welcome to the site!
  • aspireforfitness
    Options
    That's awesome! There's this song called, "Let's Start Today." I always try to use that phrase for motivation when I feel like procrastinating! I'm new too and looking for friends! Feel free to add me.
  • thelastcenturion
    thelastcenturion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support guys. It honestly means a lot. I know its a long road ahead (of us), but I know we can all do it.