Have a question about shakes

Options
I’ am trying to lose weight. in a healthy way and have already reduced my calorie intake and increased my activity level.It is actually a life time change but would like to know more about shakes and vitamins. Protein shakes and supplements confuse me a bit. Should I try adding protein shakes to my diet to increase weight loss? If so which one, or vitamins, so confused about this...

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I Highly recommend Shakeology. It is perfect for a lifestyle change and weight loss goals. Go to www.muffintopnomore.com for more info. Or send me a private note and I'd be glad to explain further. It is amazing stuff. Full of whole foods, vitamins, minerals, probiotics....I could go on and on....
    Risa
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check this out.. I find I don't feel as engerized as I could....
    I Highly recommend Shakeology. It is perfect for a lifestyle change and weight loss goals. Go to www.muffintopnomore.com for more info. Or send me a private note and I'd be glad to explain further. It is amazing stuff. Full of whole foods, vitamins, minerals, probiotics....I could go on and on....
    Risa
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    I used to manage a health food store and was one class away from becoming a nutritionist (in a previous life), not that that makes me an expert, but here are my thoughts.

I highly recommend that everyone be on a good whole foods based multi vitamin (not the cheap one a day type vitamins from the drug store) , good, high quality fish oil and digestive enzymes. If nothing else, this is like a good insurance policy to make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need when you're dieting.

As far as protein shakes go, you don't necessarily need to add it in to your diet unless you need the extra protein or feel like you need more calories. With that said, some of the better ones can be a great substitute if you're having a sweet craving. There's one I use every night for dessert (I make it into a pudding vs. a shake) and it makes me feel like I'm indulging, but I'm getting extra protein and lots of filling fiber.

Vitamins and protein shakes alone will not necessarily help you lose weight but with exercise and eating right, they can help you feel better and give you more energy to keep you going.