vicious circle

Options
hi guys

i'm really struggling at the moment and thought that maybe if i write it all down here it would achieve more than eating the contents of the fridge.

seven years ago i lost 140lbs only to slowly gain 70lbs of that back over the past few years. I'm very lonely as i have no family or friends - i am married but thats another complicated story. i'm trying to get the motivation back to change things, i do love exercise and get plenty but the problem is my eating is out of control. i eat because i'm so lonely, and then i gain weight and don't want to go anywhere because of the way i look, so i eat because i'm unhappy and then i end up lonelier than ever. i spent christmas and new years eve alone and even contemplated just ending things.

seven years ago i was happy and outgoing and loving life for the first time in years but now i feel i've hit rock bottom and can't seem to did myself out of this whole. to make my shame even worse i used to be a personal trainer!

any help or support appreciated.

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend seeing a shrink.....it seems a lot of your issues with food are psychological. I think you need to find how to be happy first.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    First don't be so hard on yourself. Only you can make you happy. If you aren't happy in WHATEVER aspect of your life change it. It sounds to me like there are a few things you could change. But you are worth more than a miserable existence. Get out there and start living again. The more you do the better you will feel. Make yourself small goals. They are much easier to obtain than bigger ones. You can do this!!!!! Feel free to add me and we will do it together.
  • kaylagetsfit8
    Options
    Just take it one step at a time. So what you gained that weight? Lose it again. Get rid of all the unhealthy food in your house. Whenever you wanna eat "just because" go do something else. Go for a walk, write down your thoughts and feelings, exercise, call a friend, read a book, ANYTHING. I would also consider talking to a counselor about being lonely and some of your other thoughts.

You are doing this for you and only you. Add me if you need to talk to about anything else.
  • poofy7
    poofy7 Posts: 17
    Options
    thank you all for your replies.

i know things have to change and i need to stop being so self destructive too. i'm going to get myself on the bus to the gym tomorrow as i've been avoiding it lately because i've been so self conscious. i've been walking everyday instead as i live in the middle of a national park but this means i don't speak to anyone sometimes for a week or more at a time. i was doing better until november when i had a miscarriage and then it all seemed to fall apart again. somehow i guess i'll work this out ...