Exercise Apps?

Options
I have a full time job and am in a full time night program at a local university, so I don't have a lot of free time. Over the holidays I got in some good running and yoga sessions, but my free time is quickly dwindling again. I typically leave the house at 7am and get home around 11pm during the week, and do 30 hours of homework every weekend. Not a lot of spare time!

I'd like to keep doing SOMETHING this semester though. Eating right is easy because I pre-prepare and take with me 2 or 3 meals each day, so it's easy to be healthy.

I'd ideally like to find iPad apps for exercise - 10-20 minute guided sessions for cardio, abs, arms and yoga. Cardio for the morning, abs and arms alternate mornings and yoga before bed.

Anybody have favorite apps that they love? I found a few free ones, but they seem to only have one workout, and variety would be nice.

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of apps like 200 squats, there's a dips app, a push-up app. None are too time consuming.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There are also some great videos on you tube!

Good luck
  • hoeklisab
    Options
    jenndymond, youtube is a great idea! Any favorite channels?
  • chipmunk619
    Options
    I have an app for my phone, Gym Buddy. You can enter exercises, group them into work outs, and off to the gym. You enter your weights and reps and it keeps track of that for you. Has a count down clock so you don't stand there cooling off too much. Graphs to see how you have been doing, etc. Lots more that I can use.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    jenndymond, youtube is a great idea! Any favorite channels?

blogilates on YouTube!!! Awesome workouts!
  • hoeklisab
    Options
    blogilates looks awesome! Thanks for the tip. :)
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bodyrocktv is great.

Also really like this girl
    http://m.youtube.com/user/workoutsforwomen
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have an android, so I'm not sure if it's available for iPhone, but I use Skimble Workout Trainer. You can pick length of workout, what part you want to work on, or do full body, yoga, cardio etc....and they add new workouts all the time! I downloaded it the same time I did mfp, and they have both literally changed my life! I highly recommend checking it out!!