• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Today's my birthday! :-) YAY!!!

Happy Birthday Mommy-to-be! :flowerforyou:
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Had my 5 month doctors appointment this morning and I'm up 2 lbs from last week. Still around 13lbs of weight gain. Doc said that was nothing....but I hope she wasn't just being nice. LOL

I did find out that my little girl is in the 95th percentile of size based on the ultra sound. Gesh! Doc said that most of the time it all evens itself out....so I'll have another ultra sound around 8 months to see where she's at. I really don't want a c-section!! :)

Your weight gain is so impressive to me. You inspire me to stay on task with our next one.

Don't believe a word the dr says about the size of the baby. My BFF had an emergency c-section with her first born. When she got pregnant with her second one she convinced the dr's to give her a VBAC (vaginal delivery after c-section). As her due date got close they kept telling her the baby was big. A week before she was due they told her that the baby was going to be 10 lbs EASILY! and asked her if she wanted to do the c-section. She said yes and delivered a happy, healthy 7 or 8 lb baby!!!! To this day (her daughter turns 4 in May) she wishes she didn't listen to the dr's. That's my 2 cents and my story for you :laugh:

Thanks for the kudos on the weight loss, if you're taking my lost pounds hold on a have a bunch coming your way tomorrow. I've been kicking butt at the gym trying my hardest to get back on track with my May goal, I think I may be down 4 lbs tomorrow. Can't wait to see, although I only count my Friday weigh in at WW for my real numbers. If I did lose the 4 I have to keep on track until Friday. I tend to splurge on Wed and I can't do that this week, need to stay on task.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Aw - thanks Kiffy! I'm trying really hard not to gain a ton of weight. But not limiting myself either. I've had 4 friends/family members gain 50-75 pounds while preggers and they are still trying to get it off. So I've learned from them.

I completely agree....I'm not doing a c-section unless absolutely necessary. I'm going to get nature take it's course. I'm not a fan of the pre-planned c-section. But I can see why some women go for it. It's just my perspective.

I'll take a pound from your 4 - Great job!!!!!!! 4 lbs in a week is kick *kitten*!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I'm still 142. I took the weekend off, ate whatever. It was Kayden's 2nd b day I knew that I just had way to much to do to worry about logging. So I ate like a COW and the scale today is the same. I work out and count everything, I weigh 142. I pig out, I weigh 142. What gives?

Do you tend to eat the same stuff and do the same work out routines? I know when I hit a plateau I changed my food choices up a bit and did a few different classes at the gym. It helped my body get a kick start again, because it was so used to what I was already doing. Good luck!!
  • Vinbelle
    Vinbelle Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey ladies.....LW 233.5 CW 231.5 Lose 2lbs. Have been crazy busy with everything lately.....so far for my Dr. appointment a few weeks ago they did another pap....everything negative......had my FSH tested....that is normal....had my progesterone tested but the darn lab canceled the test because they are....well....human. So not really sure of that one because I have to wait till the 5th to get that tested. And than will meet with my Dr. on the 7th....hoping to start trying soon!!! REALLY SOON!!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

So we didn't start a new thread - is that alright with everyone this week?

Angela - Happy (belated) birthday! How old are you????? How are you feeling?

jennymission - Welcome to the group, and congrats on the little one! I look forward to getting to know you a bit too!

Kiffy - I am so sorry things have taken a downturn. But on the upside, maybe you can take this time to trat yourself to something that will be harder to do after a little one is born? A trip camping or horseback riding. Maybe even try taking on class that interests you (fitness or otherwise). Time will be limited soon enough.

Things here are good. I've finished 1/3 exams, and I'm trying really hard to eat well this week. I've got a friend who hit her alltime high and we are email ech other through the day to keep a check on foods. Every bit helps. Oh - and I finally got to work out since surgery! I was sore the next day, but I'll be back at it again tonight!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Shoppingqueen - unfortunately 'practicing" isn't very much fun after 2 years of trying to get pregnant. One of the many reason finally getting the BFP was such a big deal. At least we can spend the next few months remember what it's like to do it just to do it.

Angela - HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flowerforyou: :drinker:

LW 196 CW 194.4 Loss 1.6 i lost this week, which is so great. I was at 192 yesterday, wish that was it today but I ate ice cream a little too last last night :smile:

ya know ... some say the female having an orgasm increases the chances of conceiving because the contraction of muscles help move everything up. ;-)
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Jalara - I'm 24, pregnancy wise I feel good. Really tired and sore with possibly sciatica :-( but other than that I feel great
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey girls I had a ton of schoolwork I got done yesterday and forgot to log. My CW165 I lost one of the pounds that I gained during Easter and hoping to get to the gym my goal weight 150. Nothing new to report just waiting for Finals to get here and have some summer time off. Still in limbo whether or not I am pregnant tried this month and now have to wait. On the week of the 27th I will know for sure since that's when my period should start. I started prepping myself in case it didn't happen. I guess its not a big deal can't hit one out of the park on the first try but it would be nice to know. I am taking my prenatal vitamins just in case. Will let ya'll know asap and then I will have to make a 1,000 calls. My friends and family have been waiting for me to have a baby for 7 years that's how long I have been married. Well have a blessed and triumphant week everyone.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 148 lbs. this week. I have been eating quiet a lot. In fact, I just had M & Ms, which I never eat! I'm hoping to make it to Zumba class tonight and burn it off :)
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey girls I had a ton of schoolwork I got done yesterday and forgot to log. My CW165 I lost one of the pounds that I gained during Easter and hoping to get to the gym my goal weight 150. Nothing new to report just waiting for Finals to get here and have some summer time off. Still in limbo whether or not I am pregnant tried this month and now have to wait. On the week of the 27th I will know for sure since that's when my period should start. I started prepping myself in case it didn't happen. I guess its not a big deal can't hit one out of the park on the first try but it would be nice to know. I am taking my prenatal vitamins just in case. Will let ya'll know asap and then I will have to make a 1,000 calls. My friends and family have been waiting for me to have a baby for 7 years that's how long I have been married. Well have a blessed and triumphant week everyone.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey girls....I really feel like I am falling off the wagon. I have been drinking soda (which I stoped on 1/1/10 and hadn't had any for 3 1/2 months), eatting junk like chicken wings, pizza, chicken strips, fries, etc. I just feel like since the weight isn't coming off, It just isn't worth it. I know the weight isn't coming off because I am not trying, but it is just a vicious cycle. I haven't been to the gym in a month, even though when I was going, I did like it. And...to top it off, my husband started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago, and has already droped 15 lbs!!! I have been working on it for almost 4 months. It is just frustrating. Sorry I am venting, and I know that we all go through this....but I am just really down about this right now:cry:
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey girls....I really feel like I am falling off the wagon. I have been drinking soda (which I stoped on 1/1/10 and hadn't had any for 3 1/2 months), eatting junk like chicken wings, pizza, chicken strips, fries, etc. I just feel like since the weight isn't coming off, It just isn't worth it. I know the weight isn't coming off because I am not trying, but it is just a vicious cycle. I haven't been to the gym in a month, even though when I was going, I did like it. And...to top it off, my husband started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago, and has already droped 15 lbs!!! I have been working on it for almost 4 months. It is just frustrating. Sorry I am venting, and I know that we all go through this....but I am just really down about this right now:cry:

Hey Tahmed,

It's frustrating, I know. That's what happened to me - nothing was working, I wasn't losing and I was putting in all the effort and not getting results. I had even considered starting to take pills or something, even though I know better. I gave up. I thought it would be too early for me to hit a plateau (I still have no idea), so I just assumed that my body wasn't made to be slim. So I tried to take a week off. Then 2. Then a month. Then I went for surgery. And when I weighed in this past Tuesday I was the heaviest I've been in life. And it hurt. I hurt my own feelings.

So I'm at it again, and I want to do better this time, although there are no guarantees. But I'm eating better, and starting to be active again (both after my self-induced break ad the surgery). I haven't had chocolate since Monday, and that's a really big deal for me. Chocolate is my gateway food. But you know what? I have 4 bars in my freezer at home that are there, and I want them there. If I don't have it then I feel like I can't have it, and then I buy it and eat it on the spot. So it's there. I also need inspiration. Not so much motivation, but inspiration. Jillian Michaels des it for me, so I just bought her 'Mastering Your Metabolism" which I look forward to reading after exams. Maybe she can tell me something that will help me out. Because I need the help. The tips.

And this time I opened my food diary. And I promise to log everything I eat. And I know you guys can all see it anytime, but that makes me scared that I'll be judged. But I figured that for me to really be okay with a life change, I have to be okay with sharing with people, and be okay with everyone seeing who I am, and what I eat, and what I look like. So yeah - pictures (horrible, fat, disgusting pictures) are next. It's a goal for me. No one but my FI has seen me, but I need to be okay with opening up, or else the bad stuff will never go away.

Anyway, it hard I know. And I hate it. I hate feeling like this, and I hate feeling like a failure. But the important thing is that I'm back, and I'm not giving up. And you know what? You can do it too.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Its been a while since I checked in. So, I am officially off my depo and waiting (not so patiently) for my body to get back on track. Was anyone on the Depo shot here? I am just wondering how long it will take for my body to regulate again. I haven't had a period for close to 3 years. We would like to start TTC by this fall, but I guess we will just have to wait and see...

After a plateau, I have finally started loosing weight again! SW169 (Jan) LW157 CW155 I'll take 2 lbs lost! GW149 Trying to keep it up. I went to Zumba twice this week! It is such a blast I love it, but it s hard to know how many cals I am actually burning. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to calculate?
    TTFN!
    :wink:
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am so happy I found you ladies! My husband and I just got married this past August (8-22-09) and hope to start TTC later this year.Thanks for the detailed information on tracking and charting. I will be officially off my Depo shot this Monday. I have heard many bad things about the shot and getting back to a normal cycle. So I think it may be a long journey to get pregnant. I was on the shot for close to 3 years and haven't had a period for the entire time (it was nice and not looking forward to getting it back).
    I am trying to get into better shape and to the heathiest me before TTC. I have lost 11.2 lbs since February, but did not find thsi app until recently. I would love some extra support.

Thanks!

I was on depo and got pregnant within months of getting off it. I was on it for 4 years
  • medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I joined this website as a way to help me lose some extra weight before my husband I start trying later this year. So I was so excited when I came across this group! Other people who are trying to do the same thing! I have rheumatoid arthritis, and like some others on here, I am in the process of getting off the medication. Once I'm off I then have to wait another 3 months beyond that before we can start trying. And today is actually the last dose of the medication (methotrexate incase anyone is interested) that I will be taking!!! This has already been a process almost a year in the making trying to get to this point, so I am really excited to finally be at the point where I can stop taking the medication and get ready to start focusing on the future.

Just out of curosity, is there anyone else in here who has RA and is trying to get pregnant?
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! That makes me feel better. I have been reading up on it and everything says it could take years. Thanks again!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    TGIF :):glasses:
  • jalara
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!!

I am back at it again this week. I am hoping that I can work really hard at it, and see myself into the 180's by weeks end.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - Can I join you?? My name is Angie & I just found out last week that I am pregnant! I am so happy - my main motivation for losing weight was to increase my chances of conception & have a healthy pregnancy, so I am thrilled that my #1 goal has been accomplished!

A little about my weight issues - I've always been overweight (not excessively, but I've lived my adult life needing to lose 20 pounds or so). When I got pregnant with my DS, I used that as an excuse to eat anything & everything - I gained almost 45 pounds with that pregnancy, and unfortunately, it stayed with me :( In January, my DH & I got our acts together, and started exercising & eating healthy foods & watching our calorie intake (all with the help of MFP, of course!). You can see on my ticker, I've lost over 30 pounds so far and I feel great!

My concern now is balancing eating enough for a healthy, growing baby with my weight goals. I am almost phobic about having the same experience I did with weight gain my last pregnancy - I do not want to do that again!!! In fact, I'd like to lose 8-10 pounds in the first trimester, since I still have it to lose. But I also know that I need to increase my calories to be sure the baby is getting everything he/she needs. I've been eating 1200 a day + eating back all my exercise calories. I have an appointment with my OB next week to discuss a smart eating plan for me - in the meantime, I am going up to my maintenance calories.

I look forward to having a support team to keep me accountable for my weight gain during this pregnancy! Friend me if you'd like!