Which running shoes? Help me pick please

Options
I'm extremely indecisive and a huge sneaker addict. Every time I go into a sporting store I come out with running shoes. I work and workout in them... so, I don't feel bad lol. I'm known as the nurse with the flashy shoes.

Anyways, I tried them both on (in different sizes in the store) they didn't have my 1/2 size so now I'm forced to buy them online.
(and they're both $60 cheaper :) )

ASICS Women's Gel-Noosa Tri 8

zml2g.png

(I own quite a few Asics... and they're all bright and flashy so I was automatically drawn to these. Unfortunately some of the Asics do not work for me)

OR

Mizuno Women's Wave Elixir 7
fn8q50.jpg

(They would be my first Mizunos. I know it's not the newest collection from Mizuno but I love this shoe and it was so comfy on my heels)

I like them both but I'm leaning towards the Mizunos
Maybe I'm slowly growing out of my "clown shoe" phase lol

What do you think?

Replies

• amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mizunos!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    So they're not for running?
  • mermaidrae
    mermaidrae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like both. I like Mizunos better :)
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So they're not for running?

They are for running
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Asics: The Gel Noosa Tri 8 is a moderate feature, minimum support shoe designed for speedwork and racing.
    Weight: 8.8 oz (size 8)
    Stack Height: Heel (26mm), Forefoot (18mm)
    Available Widths: B=Medium
    How It Fits (Based on width B)
    Sizing: Standard running shoe length
    Heel: Medium to narrow
    Midfoot: Medium to low volume
    Forefoot: Medium
    Toe-Box Height: Medium
    Arch Structure: Medium
    Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
    Heel -to-toe drop: 7-8 mm

Mizuno: The Elixir 8 is a moderate feature, minimum support shoe that is designed for speedwork, racing and daily training. It is built with a semi-curved shape.
    Weight: 7.5 oz (size 8)
    Stack Height: Heel (27mm), Forefoot (15mm)
    Available Widths: B=Medium
    Sizing: Standard running shoe length
    Heel: Medium
    Midfoot: Medium volume
    Forefoot: Medium
    Toe-Box Height: Medium to low
    Arch Structure: Medium to low
    Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
    Heel to toe drop: 11+ mm

Looks like the Asics are a little narrower, a little heavier, and a little flatter- but they're pretty similar shoes.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I prefer to choose shoes for running based first on how they fit. Once I find a fit that's good, I pick the color after.

That being said....I'm a huge Asics fan. My current shoes are the Gel Cumulus and I adore them. However, they are worn out and I was going to just order the newer version until I found out that they changed the make of the shoe. People who are avid Asics lovers are not happy and the shoe did not get great reviews. Because of this.....I have my first pair of Brooks Ghost 5 coming any day now. I know what I need and like in a running shoe, so I first go for a shoe with those features and then pick from the available colors.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If you have my same exact feet then get Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 or 13 for sure!

The best shoes are the ones the fit YOU the best.

I've run almost 20,000 miles in Brooks, and I would change brands in an instant if I found something I liked better.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    If it was me, I'd buy them both.
  • DuncanUK64
    Options
    ASICS Women's Gel-Noosa Tri 8

No contest!
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Which one feel comfortable whilst on feet? it does not matter what they look like they have to feel right or your feet will tell you in no uncertain terms.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How should we know? We haven't seen you run in them and have no idea what your gait will be like with these shoes.
    That's what running stores are for.
    Pick running shoes based on fit, comfort, and comparability with your gait. What they look like is totally irrelevant (unless you're breaking a tie between 2 equivalent shoes).
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you have my same exact feet then get Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 or 13 for sure!

The best shoes are the ones the fit YOU the best.

I've run almost 20,000 miles in Brooks, and I would change brands in an instant if I found something I liked better.

Hehe, I have Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8, 9, 10 and two 12's (I had a break from running lol). Love them, wish there was more choice in the colour department but when something works, it works!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about running shoes. Remember, though, that you should have proper support. :wink: Otherwise, you'll be spending time off your feet due to injury. :cry:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    From what you've said, go with the Mizuno. Whatever fits best and is more comfortable/supportive for you is the pair you should go with.

I have a pair of Nike and a pair of New Balance running shoes...The brand doesn't really matter...I tried on all sorts of brands and fits and those were what complimented my feet the best.
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As others mentioned before, it needs to fit you and be comfortable for you. I personnally run with ASICS and have currently the NOOSA Tri, because it was lighter then the Cumulus and I needed them for a 1/2 marathon and a full marathon (Athens classic marathon, Athens, Greece). I love then! Unfortunatly ASICS doesn't have my size for females so I wear always the male shoe in a 9.5. The female shoes are too narrow for me, because my arch is high and I have very long toes, and I wear supportive insoles.

I am tempted to try something new. But I can't properly run in those minimalist shoes. I need the support of a full shoe.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    the bottom shoe looks wicked. i love it.

the top shoe looks like it's made from the gum that's stuck under the bottom of a 6th grader's desk. i'm gonna have to pass.

so i vote for the bottom shoe. we are judging strictly on looks, and not performance or suitability, right? i know that's how i select my athletic wear.