I suck

Options
Today was my first day of trying to diet, I started off with yogurt and Special K and fat free milk. Then I had pizza???? I lost all motivation, I'm a failure :((((

Replies

• Flood73
    Flood73 Posts: 15
    Options
    So day one wasn't the best. Tomorrow is a chance to do better. Believe in you!
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking. You will get to the point where that pizza won't scream your name so loudly you have to answer. The fact that you logged in this site today shows that you don't want to "suck" any more. AND don't beat yourself up every time you slip. Just remind yourself you deserve better (even if it was awesome pizza!)
  • livingdeadlifter
    Options
    Get back on the horse. It's really, really easy to fall into the black/white mindset. I know because I've been there. You'll get the hang of it! If you can help it, don't tell yourself you're a failure, because you're not. Tell yourself you're a person that values your health. We all make mistakes. That's how we learn. :)
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    start over tomorrow and don't eat so much. unless you don't really want to lose weight.
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There are no failure days :) Everyone has a rough day or a day we don't do our best. It happens, we're human. Don't let it frustrate you. Tomorrow is a new day to begin anew. you can do it!
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It is not about cutting everything out, it is about moderation. It is okay to have something not so good but try to keep it in your caloric limit. Tomorrow is a new day so you can start from then, don't lose motivation yet!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    To me, it depends on what type of pizza and how much. If you ate the whole pizza...yeah, i can understand why you feel that way. but if it was a piece, and if it fit in with your calories, take it as part of the learning process.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you use in total today including the pizza?
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Whoa !! Take it easy and don't beat yourself up! Probably eveyone on here has crashed and burned at least once and likely more than once. I know I have. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go at it tomorrow. Plan your food for the entire day and it will help you avoid snap decions on food. Yo do not suck!:wink:
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    starting is the hardest just keep at it!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Cannot expect to do it right on the first day :) Everyday is a new chance to do it better and today is something to learn from. You will do fine.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    So don't diet. I hate restrictive eating - it's just not sustainable. If the pizza fits in your calories why not eat it? If it doesn't fit, cut something else out or exercise to earn it. One day's mistake is not a permanent failure. Start again tomorrow, but let this be a lifestyle change, not a diet...Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • elizner
    elizner Posts: 14
    Options
    Try eating protein in the morning - it makes you less hungry. I absolutely swear by cutting out most "bad" carbohydrates. Carbs make you hungrier !!! The "South Beach Diet" is a wonderful balanced diet where you can lose between 8 - 13 pounds in the first 2 weeks without hunger. Good luck !!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Pizza doesn't have to ruin your day. It's not evil. It's just food.
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oops! C'mon you can do better than that.... :smile:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs eating ice cream, apple pie, cake, fudge bars and french fries.

The key? These items are all occasional and are in limited quantities. Cake happens. You are only a failure if you give up.

If you find yourself truly hungry and it's not meal time yet, eat a cup of veggies with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Wait 10 minutes. The hunger will be gone. Keep oranges and apples on hand. Much better than cookies (and more satisfying in my opinion).

Plan ahead - tell yourself you are allowed a scoop of ice cream (or a slice of pizza) if it's in your calorie limit at the end of the day. I tend to eat 80% clean and healthy for the first part of the day. By the time night time comes, I've earned my "decadent" snack. This routine has worked for me for the past two years, and has helped me from feeling deprived.

You are only a failure at this if you quit. Keep going - you can do this!
  • La_Guerita_024
    Options
    IN NEED OF MOTIVATION N FRIENDS TO GET ME THRU THIS. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT I AM SO DESPRATE THAT I HAVE TRIED ALL TYPES OF DIETS N DIET PILLS. I ALSO HAVE HYPOTHYROID WHICH DOESN'T HELP ME AT ALL. I AM A HISPANIC FEMALE THAT JUST LOVES MEXICAN FOOD N IT IS VERY HARD TO JUST QUIT COLD TURKEY. I HAVE TRIED TO EAT HEALTHY BUT BY THE END OF THE DAY I HAVE EATEN MORE THEN WHAT I SHOULD :( I AM A STAY AT HOME MOM. I CAN NOT SEEM TO MOTIVATE MYSELF TO ACCOMPLISH A GOAL :( I LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR N IT MAKES ME FEEL WORSE. I WISH I WAS LESS HEAVIER THEN WHAT I AM NOW. I SUCK AT MAKING DIETS
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Diets don't work, so if the pizza fits your macros, it won't undo anything you've done. I'm planning on having two slices of pizza for lunch and it fits into my intake for the day, so I'm not mad about it. The only part I hate is that pizza is FULL of sodium, which really messes with my weight.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Don't view this as a diet. Look at it as a life-style change. Unless you plan never to eat pizza again, why forbid it to yourself now? Just don't go overboard. :) You got this!
  • animallover1989
    Options
    Its only day 1 learn and move on! :)
    Good luck!