I need energy

Options
I have started working out everyday for 30-45 min. I have dropped 8lbs but have zero energy. What can I eat to help with energy? I do not drink pop and cut out tea about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

Replies

• bellinghamreynolds
    Options
    Hey - I had terrible fatigue until a couple of weeks ago. Have you tried juicing veggies? That was the trick that turned it around for me.
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    After workouts I sometimes will drink the low calorie orange juice. 50 calories for 8oz plus calcium. I still don't do the shakes yet...
  • Larrybrown01
    Options
    Hi,
    Nice to see your post. Energy is an great source of health. There are many ways to get energy but some effective ways are:
    1.Carbs provide the energy that fuels muscle contraction and nourish your brain.
    2.Protein: Protein is digested in the stomach, which is why it is important to have some at every meal.
    3.Fat: The digestion of fat begins in the intestines. Being broken down so late in the digestion game, fat can help you stay fuller for longer.
    Thanks..
  • ClaireTrev
    Options
    Good on you, that's awesome!

First of all... I know it seems like a no-brainer, but are you sleeping enough? When I first started hitting the gym I was sooo tired, untill I started sleeping about an extra hour a night. When I do a big work out, I definitely need more sleep!

Could you be deficient in iron? This is a big one for women.

Foods that help me with my energy: anything with B vitamins. you could try taking a supplement (not berocca!)
    Green vegies - a green smoothie in the morning gives me so much energy!
    Coconut oil - yes, it is having a moment - there is a lot of buzz about coconut oil lately.. but I swear it helps with my energy levels! :)

A big one is making sure you have enough "good" fat in your diet - this is important to fight mental fatigue in the afternoon. What about almonds as a snack? Or Avocado?

Do you have days off training to recover?

I hope some of that was helpful.. add me or message me if you want me to clarify anything I said.

Good luck! :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My short advice after looking at your profile is more protein and wholegrains and time. You have a lot on your plate and I don't mean food.lol. Congrats on such a beautiful family!
  • rebeccaker
    rebeccaker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I dont get as much sleep as I should. I have 6 kids and the little 2 still get up at night. The last month has been very crazy and stressful. My baby being in the hospital 2 time in the last 3 weeks. I hope its just because of all the craziness and my body needs some time to recover. I have not taken a day off in about a week. Once I start exercising I feel great. The next morning on the other hand not so much.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    pre workout keeps me jacked through my workout and for a little while after