Daytime drought

Options
I have weird diet issues right now....I go the whole day without eating and then use all my calories in the evening and well into the night. I say everyday that I will stop this but I don't. Help!

Replies

• lisagyo
    lisagyo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What's wrong? Do you sleep in late? Are you not hungry in the morning/early afternoon?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Some people do this kind of thing intentionally, it's called intermittent fasting. Not for me but it seems to work well for some people
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's how sumo wrestlers eat. That should be motivation enough.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Do you have energy in the day? Are you in a good mood? Are you meeting your macros? If you are keeping within your limits and aren't filling up on crap, is it really a problem?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    That's how sumo wrestlers eat. That should be motivation enough.
    That's how I eat too.......................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    That's how people with eating disorders eat, too.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Do you work overnights or late nights? Has your schedule changed recently? I've eaten only from 1pm-8pm plenty of times and I haven't had any issues, I basically just eat when I'm hungry. Usually I get hungry around 11 but if I have a cold or TOM my appetite disappears.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am a binger and I have severe insomnia...I take medication...still no sleep. But eating...Lots of eating! So I guess I don't eat in preparation for the night eating and I don't know how to stop it. With the medication I just lose all inhibition and eat everything! The only thing I can do to prepare is not have junk food in the house so I just eat a lot of healthy food....but not in a healthy way. I know no one can cure me, I guess I just need to "talk" about it.
  • lemanuelthelazy
    lemanuelthelazy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do something similar during the week, I get stressed and busy at work and don't find enough time or appetite to eat anything until I get off around 6...so I went the whole 8 hour work day on no fuel but coffee and water. It's awful and tiring and makes me make bad food choices when i get home, even if the calories even out. I also don't fall asleep until 2 or 3 in the morning.

I would give advice, but it would be the blind leading the blind. What I try to do for myself is force myself eat SOMETHING as soon as i wake up, before i naturally have an appetite. Banana, egg, cereal, cookie, even juice. This wakes up my stomach and allows me to eat normally throughout the day. I also find that any kind of exercise will do that too, but I don't recommend exercising on a completely empty stomach.

I do follow a Break Fast rule from my Mama though that helps translate the night owl lifestyle, which is that no matter what time breakfast is supposed to normally be, allow 12 hours between your last evening meal and your first meal the next day. So if I eat dinner at 11 pm, i don't have to eat breakfast until 11 am the next day.