Any MS patients or breast cancer survivors out there?

Options
About a year and a half ago, I lost weight using myfitness pal. Found a couple of people who also have MS to share encouragement. Since then, I have survived breast cancer and am now in the reconstruction stage. Would love to friend others who know what challenges I am facing with the MS and/or the breast cancer.

Replies

• lorim77
    lorim77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I was diagnosed with MS in October. I just started exercising again (like for less than a week now) and yesterday I experienced pins and needles so bad I literally had trouble walking. That was the first time ever that my symptoms were that severe. I looked it up and apparently the increase in symptoms is because of the inflamation from starting to work out again.
    So... I took yesterday off and today I only did half a workout. I'm still figuring things out, I guess.
    I too, could use the support and advice from other MS patients.
    Congratulations to you for beating breast cancer and feel free to friend me!
  • brandall17
    Options
    Hi, like you I lost weight using myfitnesspal before. I started this time last year and lost 36lbs. Then I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at age 36 in July. Between the treatments (and the steroids they give you) and the comfort eating I've gained all but 6lbs back :( I came back today, because I have to get back to eating healthy and get my weight down to try and avoid a reoccurrence. Feel free to friend me :)
  • duvaroo
    duvaroo Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi there, I've been living my MS for about 6 years now. My main symptom is extreme fatigue which makes exercising very difficult. When I get home from work I'm basically too exhausted to do anything, and if I do it before work then I can't make it through the day.
    What I've been trying to do is go for a quick 1 km walk after work, I know it isn't much but at least it gets me out. And I have a 4 year old son who's very active so it gets him out too. I feel bad that he's often stuck at home with a tired mom.
    I'd love to hear from other people. I'm thankful I rarely get balance or mobility issues. When my MS gets bad it attacks my vision.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My hubby has had MS for 20+ years, we have been blessed with it over the years but now it has a mind of its own and very aggressive....
    I have numerous friends who are connected with MS...would love more...
    Anyone feel free to add me...
    Many prayers to you!!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Check out Terry Wahls' story. She's the mother of a friend of mine, and incredibly inspirational.

http://www.terrywahls.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc