Chicken Tikka

Options
melville88
melville88 Posts: 137
Please note- this isn't chicken tikka masala:

1 chicken breast
2 dessert spoons (4 tsp, 1.3 table spoons) of natural yoghurt (any will work)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 garlic clove or a peanut sized amount of garlic puree
1/2 tsp ginger powder or peanut sized amount of ginger puree (or a little grated root ginger, a cm cubed)

Pre-heat oven to 185 degrees celsius

Mix together all ingredients except for the chicken breast in a cup or bowl.

Place the chicken breast on a non-stick baking tray, or on foil on a normal baking tray

Spread the yoghurt mixture over the chicken breast (just on one side)

20-30 minutes in the oven, depending on the size of the breast.

Serve hot or cold. I usually serve with some baby leaf salad and either a chopped up apple or some grapes. You can also add a pinch of chillie if you like spicy food but the recipe as it is is quite mild.

Nutritional information depends on the size of chicken and natural yoghurt used. I used a 3 oz breast and fat-free greek yoghurt so based on this calories: 125 and fat: 2. protein 18grams, carbs 1.

Enjoy!

Replies

• TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    NOM! Sounds good. :)
  • 5326jan
    5326jan Posts: 5
    Options
    I love chicken tikka tandoori, is that what this is? (No sauce?) 185 degrees seems to low. Are you talking about Farenhiet?
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    Sorry, no, I mean celsius. it is chicken tikka tandoori really but the yoghurt topping has got a more potent taste. I'm not sure what to cook it on in fahrenheit... xxx
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no, I mean celsius. it is chicken tikka tandoori really but the yoghurt topping has got a more potent taste. I'm not sure what to cook it on in fahrenheit... xxx

185 celsius = 365 farenheit.