This time, I mean business :)

Options
Hi all!
I am about to turn 37 in a couple weeks. I joined mfp on 1/07/13. my starting weight was 226.5 lbs, but I would love to get down to 140. Until about 8 years ago I was always thin. I could eat what I wanted, exercise when I felt like it, blah blah blah. And then it snuck up on me! I am a married mom of 4- ages 17,15,12, and 8. I also have 2 step kids ages 16 and 14. I have been a hairstylist for 18 years and salon manager for 4.
I have many reasons for wanting to lose the weight. The number one reason is that I just want to be healthy. I'm so busy with "mom" things all the time, and I have decided that it's time I do something for myself.
I do not have much of a support system here at home. My husband says he supports me, as he's sitting there dipping his chocolate chip cookies in his milk lol And with all these kids in the house, I'm sure you can imagine the about of snacking they all do in front of me.
I have been trying to diet for the last couple years, and I usually lose about 15 and then gain it back. This time, I actually feel more focused and motivated than ever. i would love to find some buddies to share this journey with, and we can help motivate each other!

Replies

• Anikib
    Anikib Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm one of those busy moms too. My kids are 17, 14, and 12 and I homeschool my 14 year old. I can use all the help I can get, and I will support you as well :0) c
  • fenna3107
    Options
    I just started yesterday and also said that this time I mean business...Good Luck and please add me because I also need all the support and encouragement to loose 120 lbs. :embarassed: