what's your weight loss tips ?

Options
would love to know your weight loss tips ? what helped aid you to lose weight ?

Replies

• cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Simply put -

Calories Eaten < Calories Burned

I'm kind of a math / stats nerd so that was the easiest way for me to look at it, once I understood all of the formulas (BMR, TDEE, calorie deficit, lean mass, body fat %, etc.) For me it actually became a fun hobby to calculate everything. Obviously not everyone thinks this way.
  • eme31386
    eme31386 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    *Not eating after 7:00pm
    *Eating a light dinner
    *If I happen to eat unhealthy, take off the extras, for example, no fries or lemonade with my Chick-Fil-A nuggets, just water
    *Exercise, Exercise, Exercise, preferably in the morning
    *Don't be too hard on yourself, when you make a mistake there is always the next day
    *Log everything, never cheat
    *Motivate others and receive their motivation and encouragement in return
    *Stick with it, stay determined
  • fatlossburn703
    Options
    Cut your portions in half, drink lots of water and exercise. As for pills and powders, don't waste your money. None of them work. For high protein intake lean meat, seafood, wheat germ, and fresh eggs are your best bet. Avoid anything containing hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup, and watch your carbs. And, sweat.
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Getting into a strict routine of eating small meals every four hours and absolutely no snacking. Doesn't work for everyone but worked for me.
  • wanttobehealthy6
    wanttobehealthy6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I let my food diary and my excercise diary do the calculating for me.
    In a nutshell - you need to burn more than you consume.

This has been successful for me:
    4 x week I go to the gym - 30 minutes on the eliptical at my target heart rate, 30 minutes weights, 10 minutes ab work
    Never, ever, ever do I eat more than 1200 calories a day.

You will find out (very quickly) what foods will fill you up longer and what calories are wasted.
    Listen to your body.
    When I have a craving, I try to discern where it's coming from. If I want something sweet - then I eat a sugar free hard candy.
    If I want a carb - then I mix up some PB2 peanut butter and have a tablespoon of that on celery.
    I eat (smart) when I'm hungry and listen to my body.

Good Luck!!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Experiment,experiment and experiment till you find a sustainable way of eating where you get to eat delicious good often and still lose weight at an encouraging pace
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Patience and persistence pay off. Just do it
    X
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What's working for me is 1. Weighing All my food. 2. Logging all my food. 3. Weight training and jogging. 4. Not denying myself stuff I love i.e chocolate and gin. 4. Never going hungry.I am losing very slowly about a pound a week.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Know yourself. All the tips in the world aren't worth a damn if they go against your natural inclinations. Some questions to ask yourself:

1. Why am I overweight?
    How you change your eating habits will vary dramatically based on what the habits are that caused you to gain weight. Maybe you just need to cut back on your carbs, or eat fewer sweets. Or maybe you are an emotional eater, and you need to develop better stress-management techniques.

2. How do I respond to deprivation or to treats?
    Some people on here have to avoid sweets completely, or they will fall off the wagon. Others need to have a treat once a week to keep themselves in check. Others have an "if it fits in your macros" mentality. Only you can tell which is best for you.

3. What kinds of exercise do I enjoy?
    Not everyone is cut out for the gym. If you are not used to physical activity, the best exercise is the one that you enjoy and will keep up with. Zumba, martial arts classes, walking after dinner, swimming, all of these are options.

4. How often should I weight myself?
    If you freak out at fluctuations, you should not weigh yourself more than once a week, and probably not at all when you are menstruating. If you enjoy watching fluctuations, then feel free to weigh in every day.
  • shaunluke
    shaunluke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Help......im sticking to the recommended calories set by my fitness pal .....im walking between 4 and 6 miles a day but im only losing 1 lb and sometimes not even that .....where am i goig wrong !!! :)))
  • worgen
    worgen Posts: 14
    Options
    Easy and its just one word:

MOVE!!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    paitence