DIFFERENT ME

Options
:smile:

Hi all

I am very determined now. Lastnight, I gave my nephews my box of hereos to stop me from eating them when I feel it's ok now I am so determined to get the flat stomach I want.

I need some help. What's the best exercise you've done that really tones your body? :happy:

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you are looking great. good work.

the stomach area is the hardest to work on. for many it is the last place to see a weight loss from.

the best thing you can do to lose the weight around your midsection is to be paitent.

continue eating at a slight calorie deficit.

i also find that when i lift with my legs, my core is much stronger and tighter. dead lifts, squats, lunges, and weighted hip trusts work. i've also found that kettle bells are an amazing strength training tool, and provide with a good amount of cardio as well.

good luck. keep up the hard work, and be paitent.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    you are looking great. good work.

the stomach area is the hardest to work on. for many it is the last place to see a weight loss from.

the best thing you can do to lose the weight around your midsection is to be paitent.

continue eating at a slight calorie deficit.

i also find that when i lift with my legs, my core is much stronger and tighter. dead lifts, squats, lunges, and weighted hip trusts work. i've also found that kettle bells are an amazing strength training tool, and provide with a good amount of cardio as well.

good luck. keep up the hard work, and be paitent.

Thank you so much.

I done several exercises last night on my stomach and it made me feel much better for it so, I'm thinking my general gym session then ab exercises should surely show a difference?

It's so typical for the stomach to be the hardest thing to work on! :sad: x
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Just do cross fit workouts, eventually your tummy will catch up with the rest of your body. Just concentrate on being healthy.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Thank you so much.

I done several exercises last night on my stomach and it made me feel much better for it so, I'm thinking my general gym session then ab exercises should surely show a difference?

here's the thing... you keep building those ab muscles by doing tons of ab exercises, you won't be doing much to burn the fat. what you will be doing is building that muscle.

Britney.png

on the left is britney when she first started. thin, and with the waistline many women want. on the right, is britney after years of doing things like 3000 crunch weekends. the muscles started to protrude.

direct ab work is a good thing, and shouldn't be avoided. but it can lead to over training just like with any muscle.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

Thank you so much.

here's the thing... you keep building those ab muscles by doing tons of ab exercises, you won't be doing much to burn the fat. what you will be doing is building that muscle.

Britney.png

on the left is britney when she first started. thin, and with the waistline many women want. on the right, is britney after years of doing things like 3000 crunch weekends. the muscles started to protrude.

direct ab work is a good thing, and shouldn't be avoided. but it can lead to over training just like with any muscle.

You are right actually, so basically, I should loose the fat around that area and work on my abdominal area sometimes but not that frequently? :smile: