Has anyone been able to lose a lot of weight with hypothyroi

Options
Hello, I have hypothyroidism and about 5 weeks ago I started a small doasge of Synthroid (.05 mg). I am getting tested next week to see if my levels have improved. I am working out often and watching my calories with zero success. Is there anyone here that has been in a similar situation and had weight loss success? needing some encouragement:) thanks!!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I have relatives and know coworkers that have dealt with hypothyroidism and I know they battled weight loss while getting their medication figured out. Once they got their medication where it needed to be, then they were able to lose weight easier, albeit slowly because of their condition. But they did do it. So don't get discouraged; just give it time and allow the doctors to get your medication figured out first. Meanwhile, watch what you eat and continue working out and once the dr's get their end good to go, you'll start to notice it on your end. Just give it time.
  • kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism and on the same meds as you but at .75. If I stick to watching my calorie intake and get in my exercising I have lost weight. Just over 35 lbs. I was in a standstill mode for a few weeks and not getting enough exercise in, but still maintained my loss. I'm back on the "wagon" again and plan to move on with my loss. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I also have hypothyroidism and on the same meds as you but at .75. If I stick to watching my calorie intake and get in my exercising I have lost weight. Just over 35 lbs. I was in a standstill mode for a few weeks and not getting enough exercise in, but still maintained my loss. I'm back on the "wagon" again and plan to move on with my loss. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Vixin
    Vixin Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, my husband has been hypo for a few yrs now and has always had problems w/ his wt. He started about 2 months ago and has lost about 30 lbs. His only excercise is walking and he sticks to his calories, and he has a few yrs on you. Don't get to discouraged, it will take a little while for you to get used to the meds then you'll take off. Good Luck and Best Wishes!!:happy:
  • onmyway45
    Options
    Thanks guys! Its good to hear that weight loss is possible! I will just keep working at it!