the best weight loss advice

Options
there's two actually. 1. fall in love and 2. black, strong coffee-curbs your appetite and gets you pumped for the gym ;)

Replies

• Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If I could get a body like yours from those tips Im in!!!!! lol!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    that's the best advice i've got :)
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Falling in love 3 and a half years ago made me GAIN lol as me and the boyfriend got really into cooking & eating together :laugh: However I agree with the coffee tip!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    there's two actually. 1. fall in love with yourself and 2. black, strong coffee-curbs your appetite and gets you pumped for the gym ;)

Fixed that for you ;)
  • dianebpotter
    Options
    I agree with you falling in love with yourself does better :)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    1) log everything you eat. accurately!
    2) don't drink your calories
    3) don't restrict your diet. don't deprive yourself. just eat treats in moderation.
    4) don't obsess about the scale. weigh yourself no more frequently than once per week.
    5) don't get discouraged if you have a "bad" day. no one day will make or break you.
    6) be patient. there is no magic pill. it took you years to put on the weight, it will take you months to take it off.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The best weightloss advice I ever heard was "Eat less, do more... It's not rocket science is it?"
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    The best weightloss advice I ever heard was "Eat less, do more... It's not rocket science is it?"

Ah yes - that's what my Dr. Referred to as the MAMEL diet - "Move About More - Eat Less" - it's working pretty well so far - 157lb and counting :laugh:
  • justajiffy
    Options
    I drink nothing but black coffee all day long.....I should be a skeleton!!! ha

One of my mfp friends has just posted a comment which really made me think - I realised I am carrying the weight of my 19 yr old daughter around.............I am seriously just trying to get my head around this one!

Perhaps we should all try lifting around for half an hour, at least part if not all, of the excess weight we are carrying!
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Take your weight loss one day at a time. Patience is the best weight loss tool. No one gains all their excess weight in a month. Don't expect to lose it all in a short timeframe. My other tip? Find an exercise you like to do, so that you'll do it! It doesn't matter how many calories you burn just get used to doing what you like. Start slow, stay patient. You can do it!
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options
    1) log everything you eat. accurately!
    2) don't drink your calories
    3) don't restrict your diet. don't deprive yourself. just eat treats in moderation.
    4) don't obsess about the scale. weigh yourself no more frequently than once per week.
    5) don't get discouraged if you have a "bad" day. no one day will make or break you.
    6) be patient. there is no magic pill. it took you years to put on the weight, it will take you months to take it off.

Add some exercise and this is the perfect advice!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I've always applied the K.I.S.S. method myself....... :drinker:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    1. Always lift heavy.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    The best tip is to eat healthy, not eat less. This plus strength training.

P.S. healthy eating means eat whatever the heck you want within normal reason. It does not mean to cut anything completly out of your diet. (the only exception would be medical reasons of course)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories for the weight you want to be plus your exercise calories. And when you get there, you won't have to change anything.
  • Mystismom
    Options
    Great advice! This is doable for life, not a short term "diet "!
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You know for me. I agree with the fall in love part. When my husband and I got together 6 yrs ago. I lost 35 lbs in 2 months. The new love killed my appitite. Im a stress eater. Lol
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Take your weight loss one day at a time. Patience is the best weight loss tool. No one gains all their excess weight in a month. Don't expect to lose it all in a short timeframe. My other tip? Find an exercise you like to do, so that you'll do it! It doesn't matter how many calories you burn just get used to doing what you like. Start slow, stay patient. You can do it!

Yes! Patience is the toughest aspect. Patience means you don't give up if the results are so slow; it also means you don't give up if things are not going the way you plan and instead you investigate what you need to do to correct whatever you're doing wrong and wait to see if your new course of action achieves the results you want. I love it - it is like so many things whether dealing with people, learning a language, improving a skill or profitable gambling.
    The best tip is to eat healthy, not eat less. This plus strength training.

P.S. healthy eating means eat whatever the heck you want within normal reason. It does not mean to cut anything completly out of your diet. (the only exception would be medical reasons of course)

Agreed, too!
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    When I fell in love my boyfriend and I put on the weight! But now we are learning to cook healthily together :)
    And if only I was a fan of coffee..
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Eat healthy, fueling foods and add in some exercise! It should primarily be about your health.