HELP ME. NEED SOME HELP <3

Options
Can someone please tell me if they think this is too little?

I go the gym as often as I possibly can and when I get the chance to go which is usually 3-4 times a week depending on how busy I am with work etc..

I will walk the gym (10 minutes there, 10 minutes back)
I will go on the cross trainer usually for around 30 minutes burning around 300 kcal
I will go on several weight training machines such as

▪ fly machine
▪ abdominal machine
▪ hip abduction machine

then when I have a bit of time at home, I will do several abdominal exercises such as, crunches and leg raises.

I eat around 1200 calories a day, somedays may be less, some days may be more. I don't eat much junk food atall but I don't restrict myself from treating myself when I want something but I do have the will power to say no.

Do you think this is enough to loose weight? :smile:

Replies

• Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    As long as you are at a calorie deficit, you WILL lose weight. It's just law of thermodynamics.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you are working out that much, and doing the machines, and eating 1200 cals (or less?!), you will LOSE weight in the beginning. Then you will hit a plateau fast from eating too few calories. Research BMR (basal metabolic rate) and tdee(total daily energy expenditure).
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising that much, you should be eating more. Food isnt bad. Its fuel for your body. Kudos for the will power! But a treat is ok, now and again! Sounds like you are on the right track. When you are at the gym, you should try some free weights to work your core as well! Keep it up!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me if they think this is too little?

I go the gym as often as I possibly can and when I get the chance to go which is usually 3-4 times a week depending on how busy I am with work etc..

I will walk the gym (10 minutes there, 10 minutes back)
    I will go on the cross trainer usually for around 30 minutes burning around 300 kcal
    I will go on several weight training machines such as

▪ fly machine
    ▪ abdominal machine
    ▪ hip abduction machine

then when I have a bit of time at home, I will do several abdominal exercises such as, crunches and leg raises.

I eat around 1200 calories a day, somedays may be less, some days may be more. I don't eat much junk food atall but I don't restrict myself from treating myself when I want something but I do have the will power to say no.

Do you think this is enough to loose weight? :smile:

I would do the cardio after i am through with the weight training!
    Also, How have you decided on the number 1200 ?Have you calculated your TDEE? If not go here and find out how much you should be eating http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Good luck!
  • kayx199189
    kayx199189 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Firstly your eating too little, especially on the days were your eating under 1200 cals that really is the biggest mistake you could make(I've made that mistake), also do your strength training before your cardio never after and try and get some free weights mixed in rather then the machines they tend to restrict movement and don't work as many muscles. Your routine does sound good just needs mixing up
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    How many calories do you think I should be eating?

I'm 5'3" and weigh 10st 2lb.

I think i will buy some weights and do them at home, my gyms small and all the men stand around the weight area. :smile:
  • sntsfit34
    Options
    Ok.... This is the first time giving advicenTo someone online.
    So you want to lose weight correct. Well eat clean like for example. If you eat natural fats and lean protein you'll loose weight fast and lean up also drink lots of water and eat greens. Don't forget carbs, you wanna eat carbs that keep you full the longest like (sweet potato, yams, brow rice, ets)

Ok for workouts. A lot of people like running just to one pace, I like to innervate my running so ill sprint one minute and I walk one minute. i do that for 20 mins. It works a lot better than one single pace. Also there's really no need to do crunches.. They won't make you lose belly fat.
    I recommend you do small compound movements.
    If you got any questions you are welcome to ask. I'm trying to be a personal trainer so i hope I can help.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Ok.... This is the first time giving advicenTo someone online.
    So you want to lose weight correct. Well eat clean like for example. If you eat natural fats and lean protein you'll loose weight fast and lean up also drink lots of water and eat greens. Don't forget carbs, you wanna eat carbs that keep you full the longest like (sweet potato, yams, brow rice, ets)

Ok for workouts. A lot of people like running just to one pace, I like to innervate my running so ill sprint one minute and I walk one minute. i do that for 20 mins. It works a lot better than one single pace. Also there's really no need to do crunches.. They won't make you lose belly fat.
    I recommend you do small compound movements.
    If you got any questions you are welcome to ask. I'm trying to be a personal trainer so i hope I can help.

Thank you for your reply.

When working on a cross trainer, I do intervals to mix it up a bit that way I burn more calories than I do when I stay at the same resistance.
    I'm thinking of just losing the weight I need to loose then toning up. I am beginning to drink more water, it's new for me I don't drink much but I am trying now.
    Also, I eat veg with pretty much every tea time meal. :)
  • lizbollini
    Options
    you are beautiful girl! looks like you are going to be doing the work neccessary to see some awesome results. Stay consistent and fuel your body right! here if you need some encouragement :)