o well i dono

Options
:drinker: well i think i have gained because im trying to stop smoking too its only been two days since i stopped and yes i have to fix my tracker and i will don't want to have a lie on my stuff but like i said o well life goes on and try harder tomorrow . i hope im not sounding rude or anything just tring to let go and move on one day at a time . could use some motivation if you got some :embarassed: :smile:

Replies

• lisatownsend
    Options
    :drinker: well i think i have gained because im trying to stop smoking too its only been two days since i stopped and yes i have to fix my tracker and i will don't want to have a lie on my stuff but like i said o well life goes on and try harder tomorrow . i hope im not sounding rude or anything just tring to let go and move on one day at a time . could use some motivation if you got some :embarassed: :smile:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have probably gained from not smoking. But hang in there, keep putting your foods in, your body will kick into gear pretty soon and you will be heathier, breathe better, and feel generally better.

You've done a hard thing. Hang in there.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Congrats on trying to quit smoking~!
    I can't even imagine.
    Just keep tracking your foods, drink lots of water, etc and you'll get results.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, if you can kick the smoking (and I know you can) you can do anything!! Do you find that you are replacing your smokes with food? Try to be aware, and if you notice that you are snacking more than normal, try a walk instead, or some gum, mints or the dreaded carrot sticks lol!! It'll all come together. I was all cocky when I quit, because I had not gained any weight, but in the last couple of weeks I gained 5 lbs, but I also was making really bad eating choices. I had smoked since I was 12 years old, am now 31. I tried unsuccessfully to quit many times, and this time as of tomorrow it will be three months, the longest stretch ever, and I can honestly say I have very minimal cravings now, and they are very controllable. I was at a jack and jill on the weekend, surrounded by smokers, and didn't even want one!! So you really can do this. It's hard to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time, so if you have to concentrate on the smoking first, go for it!! But again, I know you can do it!!
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    :smile: thank you and congrats on 3 months we can do this together :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • peej76
    Options
    :smile: thank you and congrats on 3 months we can do this together :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Thanks, we sure will do it!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Lisa. Congratulations on quitting smoking. You just have to take it one day at at time. Try not to get discouraged and if you fall off the wagon so to speak just get back on and try, try again. You have plenty of support on MFP. Any time you need to post, feel free to do it. Good luck to you.
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: its been 3 days yes im good nananana lol !!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: again thanks for all the help ! i also went and worked out on the treadmill and i feel wonderful i feel like i want to do more and move around iv got soooooooooooooo much energy :tongue: :smooched: ive cleaned my house and did the treadmill and now i have nothen to do :grumble: :smile: o well i guess i shouldnt over work my self i deserve to stop for the day and rest . well love you guys and who ever else is out there and wants to stop smoking and lose weight give me a buzz we cant do it together bye for now
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that if you do something for 21 days it becomes habit.

18 days to go and you are good girl!

:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    Options
    3 days, who hoo!!!!! Make sure you buy yourself somethin nice at the end of the week!!
  • petdam
    petdam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking a few months ago and I can tell you I was a really heavy smoker. Anyway, it was really important to me quitting so I didn't mind eating and gaining weight, as long as I didn't smoke. So, maybe in the first couple of weeks I must have gained a few kilos but I started feeling really nice and my legs started feeling incredibly light. So lighter that I would almost run instead of walking. And then I realized that and I started running and exercising harder!
    So, my advice: don't mind if you're eating more, be sure that in a couple of weeks you'll be surely able to burn more, with much less effort. Just hang on, only the first days are few days are difficult.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Three day since you stopped smoking! WOOHOO!!! Good for you. Keep up the good work, Lisa. :flowerforyou:
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    :smile: thanks guys well its 4 days now and doing great
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    congrats!
    i know from watching both my parents how hard it is to try to quit smoking (and unfortunately my mum still hasn't:ohwell: )

congrats on the achievement!
    :flowerforyou: