• tubby68
    tubby68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOVE YOUR FIX
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    ahh!
    but i'm talking butterfly phase of love. when you keep on checking your phone and food has no taste because you're in love so much :love:
    i agree about gaining weight when you have boyfriend, happened to me too when i was in comfort zone.
    just make the butterfly zone last longer!
    and i also agree with above. It's really important to be in love, even if it's with yourself :)
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The advice I go by is consume more and find something you love to do.

Eat more fruits and veggies, eat more good carbs, eat more good fats and drink more water. If you eat more filling, good things, you don't have any room for the high calorie, high fat bad things. You don't restrict yourself, you just increase the good stuff you eat so you don't want to eat the bad stuff as much.

Find an activity you love to do by trying some new things. Eventually you'll find something that works for you, and you'll want to do it all the time because it's fun. For me it's running!
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    Options
    Once you get to your goal continue with a healthy life style to maintain your weight. Healthy living for life. :smile:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    1) log everything you eat. accurately!
    2) don't drink your calories
    3) don't restrict your diet. don't deprive yourself. just eat treats in moderation.
    4) don't obsess about the scale. weigh yourself no more frequently than once per week.
    5) don't get discouraged if you have a "bad" day. no one day will make or break you.
    6) be patient. there is no magic pill. it took you years to put on the weight, it will take you months to take it off.

Add some exercise and this is the perfect advice!

i considered adding some exercise related tips, but didn't want to make the list too long. i have many more tips. :)
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    my way is more fun though! lol
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    3) don't restrict your diet. don't deprive yourself. just eat treats in moderation.
    4) don't obsess about the scale. weigh yourself no more frequently than once per week.
    5) don't get discouraged if you have a "bad" day. no one day will make or break you.
    6) be patient. there is no magic pill. it took you years to put on the weight, it will take you months to take it off.

I agree with all except #4. Weighing every day keeps me honest. After a high calorie day, it shows up on the scale the next morning, and I know to reel it in before it goes too far. Definitely just a personal preference though. Also for #5, one bad day won't break you but it will set you back. Understanding that going into the bad day will help you decide "is it worth it?". Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

I agree with all except #4. Weighing every day keeps me honest. After a high calorie day, it shows up on the scale the next morning, and I know to reel it in before it goes too far. Definitely just a personal preference though. Also for #5, one bad day won't break you but it will set you back. Understanding that going into the bad day will help you decide "is it worth it?". Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

i hate to have to disagree on this thread, but i feel i should respond to your criticisms...

weighing every day can't possibly give you accurate feedback. your body weight varies from hour to hour and day to day, so weighing every morning won't give you any real feedback on your weight loss because you can be up or down a couple of pounds just due to water retention and undigested food being present or absent from your digestive tract. you may think you're seeing a difference on your scale every day that reflects your weight loss or gain from the previous day, but you're really not.

also, one bad day will not set you back. even if you ate 3500 calories above maintenance, that will only result in 1lb of actual weight gain. that's a lot of food for 1 day and the overall result is still insignificant. keep in mind that you may see your scale go up more than that if you are weighing every morning due to water retention, but that water will eventually be shed. 1 gallon of water weighs a little more than 8 lbs.

if you ingest alot of sodium and water today, you'll see an increase of a few pounds on your scale tomorrow, but that doesn't mean you gained a few pounds. alot of people who weigh daily don't realize this and they get very panicky when they see "water weight" reflected on their scale, which is why i always suggest that people not obsess about the scale. it's a long term trend tool, that's all.
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Falling in love is the reason I'm on here trying to lose weight! I was so focused and slim before my boyfriend, now I'm fat and lazy! :sad:
  • pikachuFL
    pikachuFL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My best weight loss advice is don't select foods just because they'll make you lose weight faster, like celery, grapefruit, etc. Make a list of the foods you enjoy eating and then try to figure them into your weight loss plan. You'll be much more likely to stick to your diet plan if you actually enjoy the foods you're eating than if you're picking foods simply based on what will get you results. You might lose a lot initially but you probably won't stick with the plan and will gain it all back.

If you find yourself starting a diet buying a lot of foods that are foreign to you because they're part of some fad weight-loss plan (like the cabbage soup thing), you might want to reconsider your strategy.

BTW, I like to weight myself every morning to start the day with the right mindset. I want to remind myself that I'm trying to lose weight and motivate myself to stick with it. I've been on diets many times in the past so I know not to get too upset about daily fluctuations on the scale. If I went a whole week without the accountability of stepping on the scale, I'm afraid I would be tempted to cheat midweek, thinking I could make it up by the end of the week.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options

i hate to have to disagree on this thread, but i feel i should respond to your criticisms...

weighing every day can't possibly give you accurate feedback. your body weight varies from hour to hour and day to day, so weighing every morning won't give you any real feedback on your weight loss because you can be up or down a couple of pounds just due to water retention and undigested food being present or absent from your digestive tract. you may think you're seeing a difference on your scale every day that reflects your weight loss or gain from the previous day, but you're really not.

also, one bad day will not set you back. even if you ate 3500 calories above maintenance, that will only result in 1lb of actual weight gain. that's a lot of food for 1 day and the overall result is still insignificant. keep in mind that you may see your scale go up more than that if you are weighing every morning due to water retention, but that water will eventually be shed. 1 gallon of water weighs a little more than 8 lbs.

if you ingest alot of sodium and water today, you'll see an increase of a few pounds on your scale tomorrow, but that doesn't mean you gained a few pounds. alot of people who weigh daily don't realize this and they get very panicky when they see "water weight" reflected on their scale, which is why i always suggest that people not obsess about the scale. it's a long term trend tool, that's all.

i agree with this
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    in the past month i've had 10 really bad days myself. it didn't set me back at all, except that i felt bad and i will try not to do it again.
  • tonicook890
    Options
    love for me = FAT lol but i do take part in the black coffee best all day everyday and 0 calories!!!!
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    fall in love!! again ..why not :)