how to boost calorie intake?

Options
after breakfast, a snack & lunch. I'm only totaling 444 calories, not the best of days, in terms of eating. feeling a tad unmotivated at the minute. I woke up later than I was wanting to, so didn't have much to eat.

breakfast:-

an apple- 70 calories.
15g dry roasted peanuts- 89 calories.

snack:-

5 pringles (self control right there ;) haha)- 62 calories.

lunch:-

1 full egg scrambled- 124 calories.
1 cheese slice (cheddar)- 83 calories.
4 medium mushrooms- 16 calories.

how do I boost my calorie intake? >.<

Replies

• GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    eat more! :laugh:

breakfast - 3 egg omelette. (300cal's ish)
    lunch - grilled/roasted chicken with wholemeal rice (500cals)
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    eat dinner.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    What were you eating before?
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Eat MORE, a lot more!
    Nuts & nut butters are great high cal, healthy snack options.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    eat more! :laugh:

breakfast - 3 egg omelette. (300cal's ish)
    lunch - grilled/roasted chicken with wholemeal rice (500cals)

^^^

Have an olive oil dressing, eat an avocado and a handful of nuts and that could easily be 1200+ calories.

2 salmon fillets
    olive oil dressing
    2 sweet potatoes
    glass of whole milk

That's probably 1000 calories on its own. I fail to believe any grown adult cannot consume that over a 24hr period.

You could be doing yourself long term damage eating so little.
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    its only just gone 12:30pm here, too early for dinner. lol

before, I was eating a load of crap, crisps, chocolate, pasta loaded with cheese, etc, etc, etc.
  • Mailboxhead1
    Options
    Agreed- don't be afraid of natural, healthy fats like avocado. I've been upping my fat intake, and eating unprocessed foods, and the weight is coming off like crazy for me.
    Eat MORE, a lot more!
    Nuts & nut butters are great high cal, healthy snack options.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    nut butter

can we say nut butter on here?
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    after breakfast, a snack & lunch. I'm only totaling 444 calories, not the best of days, in terms of eating. feeling a tad unmotivated at the minute. I woke up later than I was wanting to, so didn't have much to eat.

an apple- 70 calories.

Seriously? No offense (well, not really....offense intended) this is a stupid post. 5 freakin' pringles? Eat the serving size! Have a bowl of oatmeal or good cereal in the morning with some milk (it won't kill you!). Just eat some food and quit worrying about some "perfect" diet.

As much as people can be slaves to food, they can be slaves to low calorie numbers. You don't feel motivated? Maybe it's because you are starving yourself? Jillian would kick your *kitten* for eating like you listed above and thinking it's healthy.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE it's not that hard.....you are only hurting yourself by not eating more.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Why is dinner not included?

Peanut butter, nuts, bread, dressing, and portien (beans, chicken, beef, pork

Also, you can have 14 light pringles for 70 calories. :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Why is dinner not included?

Peanut butter, nuts, bread, dressing, and portien (beans, chicken, beef, pork

Also, you can have 14 light pringles for 70 calories. :)

she said its 1230pm.

OP you have all day to eat more food...get to it!
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OMG do you think the attention seeking " I just can't hit the calorie goal" posts will ever end?! *Yawns*
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Animals and people who are starving lose their appetite and then get sick when they eat. It's hard to wean yourself back onto food.

How about adding toast, butter, and jelly to your breakfast for 300 calories? Add a glass of orange juice and hour later for 150.
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    OMG do you think the attention seeking " I just can't hit the calorie goal" posts will ever end?! *Yawns*

attention seeking when I've been diagnosed with an eating disorder & I'm wanting to lose weight properly? **** u too.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Deciding to lose weight and eat healthily doesn't necessarily mean eating very little.

What you could do is look at some people's diaries, especially those who have lost a lot of weight, see what they eat. Really everyone eats different stuff, but I would suggest eat some protein and carbs for breakfast, ditto for lunch, and less carbs in the evening; try and eat lots of vegies - fresh, frozen, canned; eat snacks that fill you up with good stuff - almonds, celery & peanut butter; fruit; hummus & carrot sticks; low fat cheese - or indeed, full fat cheese but measure your portions.

Plan ahead - so go to tomorrow's diary and fill in what you would LIKE to eat, see how it goes against your target, then tweak it a bit. Add something outrageous and see how many calories it is - then take it out and replace it with something else that is nutritious and tasty but doesn't kill your calorie total. THis is a learning exercise and you want to be able to do things that you can sustain.

Good luck :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

an apple- 70 calories.

thats not breakfast, thats a snack...

pringles have no nutritional value, so ditch them, one egg and a bit of cheese is also a snack...

eat proper meals and you wont have any trouble hitting your calorie goal!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    attention seeking when I've been diagnosed with an eating disorder & I'm wanting to lose weight properly? **** u too.

If you've been diagnosed with an ED, an online forum is certainly not the place for advice.
  • bella42182
    bella42182 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a recent joiner to this site... but I find that I eat a ton of fruits and veggies and I can eat alot b/c they are so low in calories. But for meals I stick with:
    BREAKFAST I pick a couple and put together for my meal: (usually)
    Oat Revolution oatmeal (150 cals)
    6-9 TBSP of Egg Beaters all Natural Egg Whites (around 50-75 cals)
    Toast ( usually 70 cals per slice)
    Grits (100 cals)
    Yogurt (110 cals)
    Canadian Bacon Slice (35 cals per slice)
    Granola cereal with 2% milk (about 200 cals)
    or one of my protein fruit smoothies (300-400 cals) - meal

LUNCHES
    Tuna with a serving of wheat thins (about 300 cals)
    turkey wrap with veggies (300 cals)
    progresso soups (about 120-250 cals per can)
    chicken burger pattie/breast 4 oz (about 140 cals) (add 120 cals for bun)
    salad (100 cals) add chicken or turkey or tuna (add 100 cals)
    leftovers from dinner (depends)

DINNERS
    Lots of lean meats- chicken, fish and turkey (6 oz servings) (120-200 cals)/Ground beef, steak or pork chops (4 oz servings)(175-250 cals)
    Lots of fresh veggies either in salad or steamed (100-150 cals)
    Brown Rice 1/4 cup (mine is usually 75-100 cals)
    whole grain pastas (200-250 cals serving)
    Newmans Own Pasta sauces (all natural and healthy!) (60-100 cals for 1/2 cup)

SNACKS
    2 clementines (baby tangerines) 70 cals for 2
    quaker rice cakes 50 cals for 1
    reduced fat wheat thins about 110 cals for a serving
    hummus 50 cals for 2 TBSP
    string cheese stick 50 cals
    giant apple 80-100 cals
    one of my fruit smoothies- no protein 150 cals.

You can really mix it all up and match how ever you see fit. Either way, you really need to eat more! I try to maintain a 1400 cal intake. I usually have breakfast totaling 300 cals. Lunch- 350-400 and Dinner 450-500. with snacks being 100-150.
    On the days I do hard workouts (3x a week) I will usually add an extra 200 cals to my intake just to make sure I am not under eating too much for what I burn (those days I do 2 hr gym days burning 800 cals). Feel free to add me and check out my intake and exercise to get an idea.

The biggest part of all this is learning what to eat to keep you fuller longer and eating with a purpose- not just to satisfy your brain cravings- but eating to satisfy your body. Also, DRINK WATER!!! a read that alot of times when people think they are hungry they are actually dehydrated and being dehydrated can cause you to retain water. because just like when you dont eat enough and your body can go into starvation mode (meaning it stores what you do eat so you have a harder time losing it) your body does the same thing with water! it will hoard whatever you give it and that can cause issues too!

to help with water intake, i marked my 33 oz camelbak with hash marks. 8 oz increments with times like 8/11/2 , 9/12/3, 10/1/4 meaning 8 am, 11 am and 2 pm and so on for the rest. and i have to drink to the next line by that time. it helps! now i am drinking 3 liters a day!

Good luck!
    Katie :)
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    don't ya think I've spoke to my doctor about it? >.>

thanks Katie, I worry that I'm drinking too much and that's cause me not to be hungry. I drink between 3-3.5 litres a day, rarely have been known to drink up to 4 litres. I'll take into mind what you've said :)