Saturday weigh ins

Options
Me and my OH have been exercising and dieting for a week. Would be great to see who else weigh ins on a saturday night and give each other support.

Replies

• ilovechocolate2405
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning. Saturdays too.
  • m1key87
    m1key87 Posts: 113
    Options
    We do it at 8pm keeps us motivated so we dont cheat lol first week this week and y OH lost 3lbs and i lost 2lbs

How you finding it?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Friday am is my time....... The weekend involves beer for me-
  • m1key87
    Options
    Lol Kimso i cant really have the beer as its what made me have my belly lol
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning here. Before a cooked breakfast and always first thing.
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning too!
  • m1key87
    Options
    Saturday Mornings seems to be the done thing lol

How people finding it, any advice or things you have done that might help our other saturday weighers?
  • July121980
    July121980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Mondays for this site and Saturdays for another site I use. I like that I have a weight on the weekends since that is usually when temptation gets the best of me. I like weighing in on Mondays too because that gives me a good perspective for the week. I always weigh in the morning right away and always naked. I have my scale set to the scale at my Dr.s office and minus about lbs there for the non naked factor. My scale at home has been pretty accurate!
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just a creature of habit and once I got the hang of it, it stuck. And personaly I think once a week is fine I don't want to get hung up on small fluctuations and using the same scales for that reason too. But no problems here so far with any of it and as an expat I'm loving the fact that there's Cypriot food in the database too so no guessing.
  • m1key87
    Options
    its good that different people have different things to keep them going. Me and my OH personally only weigh in once because it gives us a goal for the week rather than seeing it go up and down in the week. Id rather it just be going down. LOL :) but it what works for you thats key.

My friend at work is vegan and he thought there wouldnt be any foods in the database for him and his OH. He going home and trying MFP seeing if it works for him.

Lets keep it up guys :)
  • m1key87
    Options
    Theres got to be more staruday weigh ins than this lol
  • katies71123
    Options
    I also weigh in every Saturday morning...after my morning run! I consider it my "last chance workout"...lol. I prefer to weigh in before eating or drinking anything.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I weigh in Monday mornings, half a pound this week :)
  • Jazzmin81
    Jazzmin81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here - I weigh in on Saturday morning. :)
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings, right after my run, but before my coffee and breakfast. I find it keeps me from going to the bar on Friday evenings if I know I have a weigh-in to do the next morning. Saturday evenings I'm not tempted to go anywhere...I just wanna watch a movie and eat pizza :blushing:
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    saturday morning for me :happy:
  • m1key87
    Options
    I knew there were more saturday morning proving poluar
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    meh, I am a random weigher.

good luck...I hope MFP works well for you.

Just wanted to mention you can manually change your MACRO goals...protein is notoriously low here...25 to 30% protein would be a better amount

Also what are you doing for exercise?

I peeked in your diary....please please please EAT and do not have those very low calorie days...it is important to fuel your body, and you are a young man, you need food.

i want to see you do your best.

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
  • m1key87
    Options
    Thanks for the Cranktstr I have changed it today, protien i though was for more building up the muscles. My goal at the moment is to lose the belly gut and once that is done, build my whole body up together. I am working all muscles groups at the moment with alot of cardio based training so this should help develop them ready for when a bulk. But 1st got to lose my belly. lol
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just as a side note:

"Weight" mean nothing. My trainer weights about 180lbs whereas I weigh 154lbs. But who is in better shape? My trainer of course. BODYFAT is more important. You can have Person A weigh 200lb and have a bodyfat percentage of 10, and Person B weigh 200lb and have a bodyfat percentage of 23. Both step on the scale and have ZERO difference, but we all know who is fitter. So don't ever feel disappointed if the scales don't move.