Good Chicken Recipes

Options
tpfoodie
tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
I bought eight pounds of chicken breast, and then realized that a) I'm bored with chicken and b) I only know how to make two kinds of chicken: grilled and breaded. Tonight I choked some down with broccoli, but I think the rest might go to waste unless I get some good (but simple) chicken recipes stat. What are some of your favorites???

Replies

• n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like chicken with spinach and feta - its easy and delicious! Place a few pieces of chicken breast in a pyrex glass baking dish, put some spinach on each piece, and some feta cheese on top of the spinach and then roll the chicken and place the part where the two ends meet on the dish so it won't open while baking. Lately, I've been putting about a can of chicken broth in the dish, you can make it with or without the broth but the chicken tends to dry out without it. Bake it on 325 for 35-40 minutes.
  • sassychic4ever
    Options
    cheesy bake spaghetti squash boats with grilled chicken

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Chicken

Super yummy!
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I second skinnytaste.com! Their recipes are delicious and healthy!
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. I love to get some carrots and celery and make some chicken noodle soup

2. I love to get some lemon pepper, some green and red peppers and make a nice stirfry

3. Frying chicken can be okay if you use the right oil and my family loves to have that.

4. You can also cook some the night before, get the ingredients and make a nice healthy lunch of chicken salad!
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    These all sound pretty good. Any other favorite chicken recipes out there?
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot?

Tonight I made Hawaiian BBQ crock pot chicken and it was so good. All it is is chicken in the crock pot with bbq sauce (I used the jack daniel's honey stuff) and some crushed pineapple. Let it cook for about 6-8 hours then we ate it in pita pockets. It was delicious, and so easy!
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Chicken Parmesan (Baked)! Cook the chicken breasts with a little bit of oil (seasoned with garlic salt and pepper) in the skillet until they are baked. Preheat the oven to 400. Then put the breasts into a baking dish, cover with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and one basil leaf per breast. Cook until the cheese is browned and/or melted fully. Serve over pasta or spaghetti squash! AMAZING :)
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had this:
    Ginger Chicken
    Ingredients
    1.25lbs of chicken legs
    1 small yellow onion, diced
    1 piece of fresh ginger, roughly 1″ wide x 2″ tall x ½” thick, peeled and sliced
    ½ tsp black pepper
    1 tsp Course ground Celtic Sea Salt
    2 tbsp of diced red onion
    1 stalk of green onion chopped.
    1 tbsp of coconut oil
    Instructions
    Combine the coconut oil, chopped yellow onion and ginger in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
    Place your chicken legs in the skillet and add your seasons and cover with a lid.
    Turn the heat to low and allow to cook covered for 35 – 40 minutes.
    The chicken legs will release water creating a gingery sauce. Throw in the red onion for the last 3 minutes.
    Optional:
    For more color on the chicken remove them from the skillet and broil for 3 – 5 minutes and return to the pan.
    Top with chopped green onion and enjoy!

It was super yummy! I skipped the yellow and red onions, just had half a scallion (my family isn't that big on onions). Turned out great! Makes a great sauce to drizzle over some steamed rice. Can serve with salad, quick stir fry, whatever suits your fancy. :)

There are lots of great recipes out there, good luck! My favorite recipe sites are allrecipes.com and myrecipes.com. Most of their recipes have a calculator to change serving size. ;)