Zumba

Options
Does anyone know how many calories roughly you burn in an hour of Zumba - not on the exercise guide so I thought to put it down as high impact aerobics but only comes up with about 44 calories and sure it is more than that...
Thanks, K

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Try zumbacalories.com.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Here's a website that will help you figure that out...

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Hope it helps!!! :smile: :drinker:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    LOVE zumba and I was sad to see that it was not in the excercise list so I add mine as dancing. It come up dancing, aerobics,ballet or modern twist. I figured it made the most sense being as zumba is a mix of dancing and aerobics..
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've got Zumba 2 for my Wii, and it tells you how many calories you burn at the end of the workout... :smile:
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks all x
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A Heart Rate monitor is great for seeing how many calories you burn. In one hour I have burned up to 800 calories. I was pushing myself a lot...but you can burn anywhere from 500-800 calories depending on intensity.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Can only recommend a HRM (Polar brand is highly recommended) and it all depends on how much effort you put into it as well...

Zumba Calories give quite an accurate estimate though.

For really accurate calories though, I highly recommend a good HRM :smile:
  • mommyof3j
    mommyof3j Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here's a website that will help you figure that out...

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

This definitely helps. Hope it works out. I've used it and it's most accurate. It all depends on the intensity you work at..Good Luck.