Jillian Michaels?

Options
Has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels videos? Found success? I just bought some, and while it does get my heart rate up, I'm not exactly sure how much good I'm doing burning calories.

Replies

• shortyrock_78
    shortyrock_78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I used her 30 day Shred when I was trying to drop weight before my wedding. I did a 20 minute video in the morning and then did an hour of cardio at the gym after work. I did lose weight and definitley started to see definition in my arms and stomach.
  • ericacoughlan
    ericacoughlan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is BRILLIANT

Start with the 30 Day Shred and then you can move onto something more targeted e.g. Six Week Six Pack

The fact that her workouts are only 20-30 mins long (but you will feel it the next day! and the day after!) makes life a lot easier.

Obviously combine this with a sensible diet (I just cut out the crap Mon-Fri) and you will definitely see results. You may not lose a lot on the scales but you will drop dress sizes for sure which is all that matters. (I don't weigh myself anymore).
  • klshaw07
    Options
    Did either of you log it on here? I'm trying to figure out how to do that. Thanks for the help
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You could use "Circuit Training" to log your exercise. Everyone is different and it's only an estimate of calories burned.
  • OlderThanYoda
    Options
    Hi there! Newbie, here. I just wanted to ask a quick question:
    Ok, I have the 30 Day Shred and Killer Buns & Thighs DVDs. However, I just found 6 Week 6 Pack and a couple
    others on YouTube. So, I was thinking... what if I did (for example) 30 day shred, Killer Buns, 6 Week 6 Pack,
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism each day throughout the week (30DS Monday / Killer Buns Tues / 6 Week 6 Pack Wed etc).
    I'm wondering if that would be a good idea and a good way to keep the body burning fat and building muscle.
    Have any of you tried to do this before? I'm also curious how quickly doing this would yield results.
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs and lots of inches doing Jillian Michaels' workout dvds!

I've done:

-30 Day Shred
    -6 Week 6 Pack
    -Extreme Shed & Shred
    -Body Revolution

Best wishes to you:)
  • shardinai
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just started the Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 this week. However, I am having trouble with finding out how many calories I am burning. Can anyone help me. Thanks Yvonne.
  • BlessingsinStore
    Options
    I use my Heart monitor to tell me, one that one i burn around 400 calories.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I had success using 30 day Shred. I just started the 30 Day Slim Down rotation using her dvd's. Love her!
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have done 30 DS before but didn't stick to it however I did see my arms and thighs get thinner when I was doing it now I just hurt my back doing Insanity so I am planning on doing Jillian for about a month then hopefully go back to Insanity... I love Jillian Michaels :smile:
  • shardinai
    Options
    Thank you