Looking for 1200 calorie a day friends (I'm F, 31, Scottish)

Options
Hello folks,

I started my (lets call it a lifestyle change) at the beginning of last week and joined this site about 5 days ago.

I’m 31, 5 foot 2 and currently 15.1 stone. (Yowza!) I’m not looking to get uber skinny, but I am looking to drop at least 4 stone (probably more once I've lost this, but don't want to make my initial goal too out of reach) and find a way of eating that I can carry on for years and not just months. I’m on the lose 2 pounds a week amount of calories so have a 1200 basic daily limit. I’m hoping to lose my first stone in about 3 months as I know the first stone is usually the quickest to go. I’ve got asthma and sleep apnoea so this “lifestyle change” is long overdue.

I’m doing a weekly weight in every Thursday at work so this is giving me added motivation, the girl who runs it sits across from me and is not scared to whapp a chocolate bar out of my hand which helps. Or indeed thrust a chocolate bar into my hand if she find out I haven’t been having my 1200 calories, which apparently means I will be turning muscle to fat which is what I don’t want.

I’ve joined a gym and I am hoping to do 2 – 3 times a week. I’ve had one session with a personal trainer which saw me unable to walk for 3 days, due to squatting so much, ha ha! I’ll be seeing him again in a week and a half and, well, part of me is terrified that I’ll be incapacitated for days again, but it’s got to be done! 

The Personal Trainer has told me to cut up my day so that I have a ten hour eating window. So currently stop eating at 8pm and nothing until breakfast the next day at 10am, this daily 14 hour fast is suppose to help apparently, hmmm….we’ll see, at least it is stopping me snacking after 8pm.

Anyway, I’m looking for folks who are in a similar situation to add me as a friend. (please) I’ve got a few friends at the moment, (about 4) and find it really interesting reading the foods they have been eating and sharing in their achievements. It’s a really wonderful aspect of this site and so I think a few more friends would really help to motivate me.

So please feel free to add me or respond to this thread for a chat.

Cheers

Erin

Replies

• PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm around 1200 a day
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I try to eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I don't always make it but I try. We are the same height and close to the same age. I'm not sure what 15.1 stone is though. Frien me if you would like.
  • onmywaytobeperfect
    Options
    I am around this amount Add me
  • Slimat30
    Slimat30 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello! I'm at goal and so eat much more than 1200 but I would love to support you through your journey! X
  • jaaylow
    jaaylow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I joined a couple of days ago so not so sure what i'm doing really. Just finding my way around the site. Im not sure how to add you as a friend either but would like to so I will work it out. I am doing a low GL diet which I have noticed works out at 1200 approx a day anyway, in addition I am fasting on 500 calories two days a week. I am currently on week 2. I started off with 12lbs to lose and have lost 4lbs so now I have only 8lbs to go. It probably does'nt sound a lot but the last few pounds are really hard to lose plus I am trying to improve my health to the max ie. weight loss is a goal but not the only one.
    :smile:
  • onefitwahine
    Options
    ive been steady at or around 1200 the last week now. add me! onefitwahine. congratulations on your lifestyle adjustment!
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in a long drawn out journey. I started at 177 back in 2007, and it's taken me FOREVER to lose 30lbs and actually keep it off. I'm reaching the home stretch and looking for people to keep me motivated, especially with the workouts. My calorie goal in more like 1,200-1,400, but I'm always up for some good encouragement!
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Welcome Deekay!!!
    We are here to Motivate & Support each other on this Incredible Journey!
    Let's make it an Amazing one :)

Good Luck Deekay!!!
  • fluff78
    fluff78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am on 1200 a day, am 5ft 2" & weigh 14.5stone and like you am not looking to get super skinny but would like to drop around 3stone & tone up.
    I joined the site about two or so years ago & lost 17lbs and then seemed to loose all enthusiasm for it but I am back and ready to get serious. . . So lets motivate each other and hopefully we can both reach our targets!
    Good Luck :wink:
  • belindab10
    belindab10 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :). thats my calorie goal each day but it goes up when I exercise. Wish I understood the difference between stone and pounds but no matter :). I'm 4'11" (a shawty). You can do it! Look forward to giving each other encouragement.
  • bub_snig
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sammy and I'm a 26 year old female Aussie.

Let me tell you a bit about myself

I am also on 1200 a day my total allowance is 1330 or something like that but I stick to 1200. I find it hard to eat that much but I make sure I do as it is really important to give your body proper nutrition so it can burn fat. I'll be your friend and feel fre to check out my diary for ideas on how to stick to 1200 cals. I eat 5 meals a day in 2-3 hour intervals. Breakfast usually round 7:30ish, morning snack 10ish then lunch round 12:30ish then afternoon snack around 3ish then dinner around 5:30 ish. Eating smaller meals is supposed to help keep you full and keep your metabolism in check. I also try to eat as many fresh wholesome ingredients as possible not only because they are full of vitamins and nutrients but they are normally lower in calories too. I personally refuse to have a personal trainer only because I don't like the idea of some one telling me to push myself harder and me end up hurting myself. But that is just my personal preference. I like to motivate myself at the gym and I think I do an okay job of that. Before I screwed up my ankle I was going to the gym 4-5 times a week. 3 months later and I'm back at the gym.

Feel free to read my profile and check out my diary it's open.
    Then if you want to accept my friendship request go for it if not that's okay too!

I find that there are some amazing people on here (some ****heads too) but my MFP friends help to inspire me and keep me motivated. I love the fact too that we are from all over the world as well.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin :)

I'm 27, Scottish and 14st 5lbs! Heaviest I've ever been! I have my diary set to 1400 cals, but I tend to net 12 to 1300. Feel free to add me!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Hey, you can add me if you want!

I'm a 19 year old Scot and on 1280kcals a day. Looking to lose 1lb a week, and drop my final 17lbs-24lbs (I'll decide once I get to the 17lbs).
  • Deekay8008
    Deekay8008 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the wonderful response guys, I now have more friends than ever! Looking forward to keeping this going and sharing real positive results!

Oh and 15 stone 1 is 211 pounds. So looking to lose at least 56 pounds.
  • Lisacita
    Options
    I'm 34. I am trying to stick with a 1200 calories a day also. I am hoping to lose 1-2lbs a week. I have about 40lbs to go. I am new to MFP and looking for some motivational friends to help me on my wieght loss jorney. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Lisa
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 32 from Sunderland and getting married in Scotland in the summer. I am also having 1200 - 1400 calories dependant on exercise per day. I'm only 4'11 and am 17stone 3lbs and looking at losing 2lbs per week in order that I can fit into my wedding dress in September. I also started last Monday and have lost 6lbs so far which I know will slow down now - any way please feel free to add me :)
  • jmaxx595
    Options
    I eat around 1200 a day so add me + the rest of you i need friends. I dont update that much but i try :)
  • berly153
    Options
    Hi im kimberly 36 and from scotland also. im doing 1200 cals a day since last monday. i lost 4lbs last week not holding out for the same this week but really hoping to stick to it. im about 5ft 7 so would like to be about 10stone 7, have currently 2 stone to lose. x
  • Wellnessbabe
    Wellnessbabe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hello, I'm on a 1200/day calorie. I'M about ready to do my liver gallbladder cleanse in a couple days then a juice fast for about 3 days.... Add me if u want.
  • Mrs_Scarf
    Options
    Hi, good luck with it. I'm on 1200 calories a day at the moment, before exercise. seem to be finding it a little hard to stick though!

I'm on the look out for friends on here who can help me keep up with my goal too so a friendship could be mutually beneficial :)