Started 30 day shred 9 days ago and following ww

Options

Replies

• choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 and it was better than yesterday! My quads are what hurt the most!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    This pos is lingme up to get back to it. I have three pt sessions this week (only one of them will really school me) and am thinking of adding the shred to the other days to brutalize myself for the final push to svelthood. Sexy ***** here I come.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    BTW, how heavy are the weights you're using? I am using 5lbs weights, but I think I need to drop down to 2 lbs weights because 5lbs makes it difficult for me to get through some of the cardio exercises.

I was wondering about this as well. I am changing the weights for different exercises. I can use a much higher weight for the bicep curls than I can for the lateral raises. It makes it a little frantic changing them up.
  • jfus14
    jfus14 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey again! I just finsihed level one day 10 tonight. I used 5 lb weights and for the chest curls I used 10lbs.
  • 1corin61920
    Options

Thanks for responding. BTW, how heavy are the weights you're using? I am using 5lbs weights, but I think I need to drop down to 2 lbs weights because 5lbs makes it difficult for me to get through some of the cardio exercises.

I use 3, 5, and 8 lbs depending on the exercise, but mostly the 5lbs. If you can keep good form, use the heavier weight even if it makes cardio difficult. If your form is poor with the heavier weights, you're much better off using a lighter weight.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and am so sore I don't think i'll be able to do it again tonight. :frown:

I've been doing it for 5 days and my soreness has pretty much disappeared. This coming from a person that is 240 lbs and hasn't exercised in years. Just keep at it. It gets better the more you do it.

That's so good to hear. I'm going to do it again tonight. Would you say you were pretty intensely sore at first?

I wasn't intensely sore. On a scale of 1-10, I was about a 7.
  • akpita73
    akpita73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It was great reading everyones comments tonight since I'm about to start my first day of 30DS. Thanks for all the great motivation and awareness that I will definitely feel the soreness and know it was a good workout in only 25 minutes!
  • Nettabullock
    Options
    I completed day 1 on saturday and was not as sore as I was when I started it a couple of months ago. I skipped two days because I wanted to get some cardio in at the gym but I will be doing day 2 when I get in from work in the morning. I have to make myself finish the entire video even if its not 30 days straight. I started seeing results really quick when I started before so I can just imagine what the results would be if I complete the program.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    BTW, how heavy are the weights you're using? I am using 5lbs weights, but I think I need to drop down to 2 lbs weights because 5lbs makes it difficult for me to get through some of the cardio exercises.

I was wondering about this as well. I am changing the weights for different exercises. I can use a much higher weight for the bicep curls than I can for the lateral raises. It makes it a little frantic changing them up.

The anterior raise with the side lunge using 5lbs weights is just too much for me, but I can do the bicep curls with 5lbs weights without any problems.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think I need to get smaller weights. I use 2kg (4.4lb) dumbells at the moment but I find them TOO challenging and I don't think I'm reaching my full potential whilst using them. I know, I'm very weak.
  • aiiz22
    aiiz22 Posts: 6
    Options
    am new whas the 30 day shredd
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 4 and the aches and pains are not so bad now - I just need to invest in a sports bra now for those damn star jumps hahaha
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 and it was better than yesterday! My quads are what hurt the most!

same with me on the quads... today is my day two .. im right behind you .
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I"m doing the same thing. WW and circuit training. I needed more guidance so joined WW back in May. I started with MFP alone but things weren't happening for me. WW got things moving along really well.
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi!! What's the Shred???

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred :)
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok guys well done for starters!!! I lost 16lbs by following the shred but only had week 1 to follow but it did the trick!! When youve done that, come back and start Insanity with Shaun T......if you think youve worked out before you will feel like youve hit a brick wall at 100 mph!! If you think youre fit your wrong!! Shaun T will make you want to weep but the results speak for themselves. Im on day 2 of week 2 of a 60 program and I gave up half way through the Pure Cardio workout you know why?? Because YES its bloody hard but Ive realised that I do need to take on board his advice and EAT MORE. Yes ladies I did say EAT MORE !!! You get to EAT MORE!! I will start again tonight and finish it just once Ive had enough Calories to get me through it! So good luck everyone! Thanks for sharing your story's! x
  • Grandma_Leslie
    Options
    What is the 30day shred? I apologize for my ignorance,
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 level 1, I am feeling not as sore as the last 4 days. but I ended up taking 3 days off, ugh. Going to just push through it and hopefully get some time in over the weekend as well.
  • jfus14
    jfus14 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I finished level one last night and I am SORE! not sure if because I was following the advanced moves the past few days. Deeper squats, heaver weights, real pushups... Curious to see what level 2 brings!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I finished level one last night and I am SORE! not sure if because I was following the advanced moves the past few days. Deeper squats, heaver weights, real pushups... Curious to see what level 2 brings!
    I finished level 1 last night as well and moving on to level 2 tonight. Good luck everyone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!