Sorry Sorry Sorry

Options
For crying out loud ---- I am sorry if you all took my comment the wrong way and offensive. It was meant out of concern.

Please note, you will not see further posts of concern or advice or anyting from me. I did not realize the drama it was going to cause.

So if you were offended --- I'm SORRY!

Replies

• BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    What happened? Hope everything is okay.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    personally i agree with your comment. it was the truth, sometimes the truth hurts.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    read the breakfast calorie topic in this forum
  • jmarie66
    jmarie66 Posts: 17
    Options
    Girl, let it go. I thought the exact same thing when I read it too, I just didn't comment on it. I can see that you meant it out of concern so just let it go. I can't imagine regardless of how big I was, eating that many calories for breakfast daily.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Just read the whole thread and I don't think you said anything wrong. You were giving your opinion. You weren't rude or offensive at all. The original poster didn't say anything to you about what you said, so there is no evidence that she was at all offended.

I'd let the whole thing go. Weight is a sensitive topic for a lot of people.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with what you said, but I don't think you should exclude yourself from giving advice because of one post.
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    I read the entire thread too and your comment seemed really mild to me. Don't over edit yourself. I have found there are people who will take offense to anything. Can't please everyone.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Don't concern yourself about it. I think you did well. It was not put offensively. I think you did a good job. I also posted there that I support what you had said. Some people are a little too sensitive and take it the wrong way. Maybe you did a good thing and helped someone (even if not her). :smile:
  • Malia725
    Malia725 Posts: 6
    Options
    I read it as well and you had every right to state your opinion because you CLEARLY were concerned and there was NO spite or ill will behind it.

No big deal, just ignore it girlie!!!!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You know, the bigger picture here may just be Echaos feelings! Did anyone bother to see that she did not offer anything to that thread, beyond her original question and a comment added about coffee, shortly after she began the thread. Beyond that, she has now made her diary private! (My diary was originally open for all to see until about two weeks into joining MFP there was someone who was looking into peoples diaries and judging on the amount of calories some were eating in a day. Mine went private right away.) I would venture a guess that Echaos joined this sight for much the same reasons as all of us! For the support system and to actually be accountable for the amount of calories that she consumes every day. While everyone is entitled to their opinion(s) maybe it might have been more beneficial to offer it privately? I hope she (echaos) has not gotten discouraged after that thread and feels like she is doing something wrong when in deed just by joining MFP she has taken a step in a life journey that we all began once. I offer echaos my support and will put out there that if you ever would like a buddy to bounce things off of, I am there. While I am certainly no professional and am just a person that is trying to change her life, for the better, finally, I do know that support can go a long, long way. I can promise that I will never pass judgement just as I would hope that no one would ever take it upon themselves to do to me. Echaos, congratulations on taking the first step to changing your life.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You know, the bigger picture here may just be Echaos feelings! Did anyone bother to see that she did not offer anything to that thread, beyond her original question and a comment added about coffee, shortly after she began the thread. Beyond that, she has now made her diary private! (My diary was originally open for all to see until about two weeks into joining MFP there was someone who was looking into peoples diaries and judging on the amount of calories some were eating in a day. Mine went private right away.) I would venture a guess that Echaos joined this sight for much the same reasons as all of us! For the support system and to actually be accountable for the amount of calories that she consumes every day. While everyone is entitled to their opinion(s) maybe it might have been more beneficial to offer it privately? I hope she (echaos) has not gotten discouraged after that thread and feels like she is doing something wrong when in deed just by joining MFP she has taken a step in a life journey that we all began once. I offer echaos my support and will put out there that if you ever would like a buddy to bounce things off of, I am there. While I am certainly no professional and am just a person that is trying to change her life, for the better, finally, I do know that support can go a long, long way. I can promise that I will never pass judgement just as I would hope that no one would ever take it upon themselves to do to me. Echaos, congratulations on taking the first step to changing your life.

It was not Echao we were discussing. You people read WAY to into things. It's pathetic. If you do not want people to look at your diary and make comments then make it private. That is why it's there. People were voicing their concern. This person came public stating how many calories they ate for breakfast. Then a person commented about it. If said person did not want people to look at their diary then they shouldn't make it public. This person's diary is still public for everyone to see. I just hope that the people on here who are friends with her know the whole story and encourage her in the right direction.

This is written for concern of another person no to belittle or judge them and what they do
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Don't get worked up about it. Your initial comment was fine (my reaction was similar), but you made a mistake defending it. When people here criticise you in this sort of side way, just either take it as constructive criticism or ignore it. No need for further action.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Wow... I'm sorry but I completely agree with what you said... Harsh as it may be it's the truth...
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I seen that and thought..OK she works out a lot.. then I read your post.. which was out of complete concern and I looked at her food.. IDK what half of the stuff is.. but obvioulsy their culture is much differnt than ours.. If were not free to show concern why bother posting.. I think you were fine... being concerned.. and don't stop giving input becasue some one didnt like it:bigsmile:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion, but you might not want to put :noway: in your post when you're "trying to help someone". Twice no less.

Another suggestion, privately messaging someone or friending them, so you can continue to support them really helps! Especially when she wasn't the original poster, didn't solicit "advice" etc. In other words, she didn't ASK for concern and imo has a lot to deal with already. Can you imagine someone publicly questioning your methods on here? Maybe that wouldn't make you feel bad, but sometimes it does make people feel bad.

Apology accepted. :flowerforyou:
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Don't let it stop you from posting and finding support here...I agree with what you said as well. Unless you're an olympic athlete, that is just too much.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Thank you everyone here that has responded.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I just re-read the whole thread and I am at the point whereI honestly don't even want to look at the forums anymore. I made one comment and then there were 50 attacks to me on what I said.

i don't think anyone attacked you. we were all concerned about how your concern was going to be taken by the woman you publically questioned. most of the posts are quite polite and just point out how you mishandled your concern.
    you don't really have room to get pissed if someone writes about your post.

it's funny to see you write this. :D people commenting on YOUR post has obviously gotten YOU worked up. you keep adding fuel to a fire that would just die out if you'd let it.
    dawn
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Haaa...welcome to MFP :tongue:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Below is the original post that you made on that thread:

"I just looked at your diary. Your daily goal is 3,220 calories!!! :noway: That seems extremely HIGH and I do not think you are going to see weight loss or a change in your body if you are consuming that many calories and especially breakfasts at 700-1100 calories :noway:

I write this out of concern for you and your health. "

When I read your post, it sounded judgemental to me... The exclamations and smiley that you chose say to me, "HOLY COW- YOU EAT A LOT, INCONCEIVABLE". Then you go on to say that you don't think that she can lose weight doing what she's doing.... and again with the "inconceivable" smiley.

I disagree with what you wrote because it seems like you didn't look for all the factors... the picture of her shows that she's quite overweight (so she needs more calories), her profile states that she's doing this so that she can "live" (in other words, she's very overweight), and she has posted her weight on other threads. Do I think that you meant to be offensive? No, absolutely not... I sincerely think that for you, it was inconceivable that someone would need to eat that much food. It wasn't just your response either, it was those after that continued to point out that her ticker says that she hasn't lost weight, they couldn't imagine eating that much... those things are hurtful! REALLY hurtful... and you can take a hard edge all you want and say that people shouldn't be so sensitive... but the fact is that most of us who are overweight ARE sensitive about our weight.

All that being said, I don't think that you should refrain from sharing advice and concern - but maybe that you should strive to be a little more sensitive about how what you say would make someone else feel. And ummm.... I've been guilty of posting something off the cuff on these boards that was not taken well. We all have those moments. Just move on and be more careful.

Chandy is wonderful and is really doing great. Like I said on the other post... she's an inspiration to me daily!