Hey everyone

Options
Just thought I would take a few minutes to tell everyone my story. I am a 26 year old male who used to be a really good multisport athlete in highschool and college, but once those days were over, I swelled up quickly. I started playing some Recreational basketball recently and couldn't believe how much my body hurt after playing for short periods of time. But, I fell in love with the game all over again, just like I did when I was in highschool and decided that I needed to change something in my life if I wanted to continue playing. I started at 255 lbs and within a few short months I am already down to 231 lbs. This site has been a huge helping tool so far. I really haven't done much excerising other than basketball once a week. Just making better eating choices and smaller portions.

So, I guess I just wanted to say good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey. It really can be done!

Replies

• rebel31
    Options
    Sad, no one wants to say hi.
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hello:)
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your on your way to your goal. Keep up the good work...
  • chardia
    Options
    Hi I'm new too.. You're doing great so far
  • carriebailey72
    carriebailey72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your enjoying basketball again. Have you given any thought in coaching a youth team.
  • rebel31
    Options
    I'm glad your enjoying basketball again. Have you given any thought in coaching a youth team.

I'd like to do some coaching someday. I have done a little reffing games though.
  • Jess11Gold
    Jess11Gold Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well! Sounds like you are doing amazing, keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time :)
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    hello from the good old state of pa
  • officegirl27
    officegirl27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Most important part is that you fount something worth moving for! And I agree you should coach!!! :smile:
  • hollizmama
    hollizmama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have always been the fat girl, and at 43 I am the fat woman... I have yo yo'd for years and now am wanting tomake sure I am healthy and trim as I want to be around for my daughter, her med school graduation and my grandchildren.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    it's wonderful that you found something that you love! Great job and the best of luck with your journey!
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello from Michigan
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    Hello!! Congratulations on making the decision to change your life for the better!! Feel free to add me, and also feel free to add my husband, Lance Mahfouz. His story is very similar to yours. Multi sport athlete in highschool then got settled and in love and got fat :-P.

Good luck!!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome!

I've been working on getting back in shape over the couple months but I just joined MFP at the end of December. I'm finding it to be very helpful with keeping track of my diet & exercise, plus there are a lot of nice (and really funny) people here. You'll love it!
  • christianbeauty
    Options
    I am just beginning this journey and I have been reading success stories all morning. I am so glad that MFP exists! Thanks everyone for sharing.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi you sound like you are well on your way this site has been great for me I started on the 1st and it has been going great. Congrats
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to hear you're on your way to reaching your goals! Feel free to add!
  • JerseyPook
    Options
    Great job and keep up the good work!!! You're definitely on the right track!!! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like! :)
  • rebel31
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kind words! Really does help keep a guy on track.
  • JaziH
    JaziH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful you have found something that you can stick to. Wishing u a happy journey to healthy !