My 1yr Success

Options
I started my healthy lifestyle Jan 19, 2012. My weight at that time was 260. I started eating healthier and started exercising. At first my knees were very week so I started with walking and the elliptical machine. After about a couple of months, I started adding some weight lifting to my workout. Long split routines that took forever and I also started to add road biking as it became warmer outside.

By June, I was able to start adding some running into my workouts. Jul - November I had reduced my weight traing and increased my running and by the end of 2012 I was running 4 miles during my lunch breaks 3-4 times a week.

December I started Stronglift 5x5. I have increased my calories now after almost a year at under maintenance. Today I'm eating about at or 500 above maintenance while doing the stronglifts. My plan is to continue Stronglifts and eating above maintenance until about April. Then I will try to cut another 5% fat through the sumer.

Thought I would add some motivational photos, currently I'm at 187 lb and about 18% BF.

Nov - 2011
8382980891_02bc0c2069.jpg

8382980279_fc7de1964e.jpg

Replies

• dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    wow, you look good dude. from 260 - 187 that's a great accomplishment. keep it up!
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    Wow, well done!
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look great and your hard work paid off. Keep your focus. Best of Luck in the future.
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fit! Only by checking the photos well can you tell its same person Lol well done!
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!! Keep up the good work!!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    wow- well done!!
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow you look like a different person. Amazing job.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Awesome transition!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW...You look amazing....Good job and Congrats on 1yr of healthier living...
  • jscupp1016
    jscupp1016 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What a great job, you look amazing! Thanks for sharing and giving us another reason to shoot for our own succes story! Fantastic!
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    woah. hardcore results.
  • heyjay31
    heyjay31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is fabulous!! Great Job!!
  • sweetmonique10
    sweetmonique10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you looking great, love the transformation!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation....pretty much what I'm trying to do! Well done.
  • mcefan
    mcefan Posts: 3
    Options
    You look fantastic. Thank you so much for the motivation!
  • f1ann4rs
    f1ann4rs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW, what an amazing transformation, just given me another burst of motivation...thanks for that
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Very inspirational, thank you for sharing.
  • silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks eveyone.

I also would like to comment on my calorie intake. For the first couple of months I was trying to keep my NET calories at 1200 but often was under that. I was doing a lot of cardio and with all my fat it was fine. As my exercise levels increased and losing about 20-25 lbs I started increasing my calories to around NET 1500 after I started to feel a litlle lite-headed at times. Around Oct I started increasing my NET calories closer to my BMR.

From my calculations I have only lost about 7-10 lbs of muscle mass during this time and the rest was fat. I believe I maintained the muscle I had pretty well and did not loss to much during this time. I am now trying to increase my muscle mass by eating more and doing heavy lifting.

Good Luck everyone. My dairy is open and I did use it pretty often. There are several days that I did not record everything but must are there.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look 20 years younger. Congrats on all your hard work!!! :drinker:
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well done. You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!