Low-Calorie drink that's actually good

Options
First I'd like to apologize, because I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere, but I just discovered this and wanted to share with the MFP community.

Gatorade (Lemon-Lime) has only 130 calories per 20 oz bottle. For people like me who can't stand diet soda, and can only drink so much Crystal Light, Gatorade offers a great tasting drink with a relatively low amount of calories.

If anyone knows of any other good low-calorie drinks please post them here!

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    skim milk is my go to favourite as well as sugar free koolaid when i'm feeling naughty..(only cause I don't want the aspartame), but want something sweet. 10 calories a glass...i'd watch the sport drinks, I don't drink them ever..the sodium levels on most of them are ridiculous
  • bm2092004
    Options
    Yeah, 270mg/bottle, I didn't really notice that haha. It's okay though, I usually only drink 1 bottle every few days, kind of a treat I guess.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Don't care for Crystal light, i find it too sweet, but I love the sugar free hawiian punch...especially the grape! the Blue typhoon is pretty good, too!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    At Starbucks I love their Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade with Passion Tea but lots of calories & gets expensive so I found on a blog somewhere how to make your own (I wish I could remember the blog so I could give credit where due but I can't so sorry).

Tazo Passion Tea Bags
    Crystal Light Individual packets
    Truvia sweetner individual packets (if you like things a little tarter you can skip the sweetner)
    Ice

Add five tea bags to one quart of cold water and refridgerate over night.
    In the morning squeeze the tea bags out dispose of them. This is a Passion Tea Concentrate.

Grab a nice large glass and add about a half cup of concentrate to glass with one singles packet of Crystal Light lemonade, and one packet of Truvia. Fill glass with water; mix and add ice.

I’m sure this is much cheaper in the long run than going to Starbucks. The up front cost can be a little high, but I know the Crystal Light packets go on sale around here quite often. Enjoy!
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    Options
    you could skip the expense and chemicals in crystal lite and use lemon juice or lemons. use the truvia (or stevia) and make as stated. it would be much better for you in the long run.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i love propel, 20-30ish cals per bottle, depending on the size of the bottle.
  • mbkfireman
    Options
    I always think I could eat something for the 130 Cals instead of drinking it. We have so few calories a day, I find not drinking many as an easier way to stay on target.

Cheers
  • cheymomcody
    cheymomcody Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Sobe Life Water.... There are 3 of them that are completely calorie free. I was not sure of them when I saw them but they are really good. And there is no diet sugars at all. I am allergic to diet sugars so that is something that I have to watch out for.
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    loooove vitamin water... they had the "10 calorie" bottles for a while, which were actually 25 calories in the bottle (2.5 servings)... but now, they have the ZERO calorie bottles, 'cause they had to compete with SoBe... i liked some of the SoBe waters as well but the Vitamin Water XXX is my favorite by far.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Powerade Zero has no calories and is delish. My favorites are grape and strawberry.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Sobe Life Water and Vitamin Water are both excellent! Even my husband likes them!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Try True Lemon / Lime / Orange packets in your water. They're basically dried lemon, lime, or orange pulp, no added sugar / sweetener or other stuff, in a single-serve packet. They're good for the days you'd like some citrus in a drink or recipe and you don't have the fresh fruit. They're available at most grocery stores or online - http://www.truelemon.com/

They also make some drink packets with Splenda, but I don't care for Splenda much, so....
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I like coconut water - it's got all the potassium to help replace lost electrolytes. The flavor is kind of like fat free milk. Only 60 calories.