My MFP Anniversary!

Options
Channing
Channing Posts: 617 Member
Today is my one year anniversary with MyFitnessPal!:drinker:

I started this site last year on Earth day and twenty pounds heavier. I had previously lost about 25 pounds but had been struggling to get the last 25-30 off when I stumbled upon this site and it changed the way I thought about nutrition and fitness forever!

The same day I started this program, I also decided that I wanted to be a runner. It was the weekend of The Rock and Roll Marathon and Half and everyone around me here in Nashville was fit and happy and all coming together to celebrate running. I was immediately caught up in the energy and wanted so badly to be a part of it, so I ran that day. Not far and certainly not fast, but I ran. Each time I went out for a run I could feel myself improving and that is addictive! It gave me control in a life where so many thing are overwhelming.

I've been running for a year now and this weekend I'm running in that same Rock and Roll Half marathon that I watched a year ago! 13.1 miles for a girl who grew up with excersise induced asthma and could not even run a mile!

Everyone should know that you can reach goals. It hasn't always been easy, it's hard work, but it is so worth it. I'm so proud of what I have accomplished already and will be even prouder when I cross that finish line in two days!

Here's to many more healthy happy years MFP!!!:drinker:

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work and making your goals reality! you shouldbe soooo proud of yourself! :drinker:

Good luck in your run this weekend! Im sure you will be beaming all 13.1miles :bigsmile:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    That's fantastic! Way to go! You are an inspiration for me to keep at it! Here's to a successful lifetime of nutrition and fitness!
    Cheers!
  • rjdoell
    rjdoell Posts: 13
    Options
    What a success story! Good luck with your half-marathon!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your MFP anniversary and achievement! I used to be a runner, then developed exercise-induced asthma...and now I'm learning to run again despite it. It's certainly not the easiest thing, way to go! Good luck this weekend!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary!! and congratulations!!
    I needed a little inspiring today and that did it!! I can't wait for all of my running firsts... :)
    Good Luck- have a great run and again congratulations.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Congrats may the wind be at your back and the sun not in your eyes
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooooo excited for you!!! Let me know right away how it was. I want to know details and tips as my race is next weekend. Here is ALL my luck I have to offer. I know you will be amazing and you have accomplished so much.

Go get em!
  • annegirl
    annegirl Posts: 13
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!! I hope that you cross that finish line strong. I have a a couple friends running that too. If you happen to see them say hey. lol. but seriously, good luck.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everybody!!! I'll let you know how it goes and I want to hear about all of the goals you reach!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!