Green Tea

Options
After a couple of months of not drinking green tea, I've started drinking it again. I like drinking it, the only problem is I seem to feel nauseated after drinking it. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Green tea has that effect on me too, however Green tea with jasmine is fine, and I tastes much better to me!! How about peppermint tea? It's good for the digestion too!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    no.. but i know what you mean.
    try drinking just 1/2 a cup.
  • xNickie
    xNickie Posts: 49
    Options
    I get that with drinking any type of tea :frown: It's not as bad if I have it in smaller cups though, strangely enough!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Never eat or drink anything that makes you feel lousy. I know "they" say it has health benefits.. But it just may not be right for you.
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Are you brewing it too strong? Try adding more water next time.
  • julesy_b
    julesy_b Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have honey with mine :) and peppermint tea is great for digestion as said. I also try green with with apple and pear in
  • swilson1717
    Options
    I love green tea too. I don't experience that symtom. When are you drinking it? Before a meal? after a meal? when you just get up? also, how strong are you making it? Try it with something in your tummy, like a cracker or two, and try it weak then gradually make it stronger. Also check out the different types of green tea. I like Lipton . I hope that helps..
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    drinking any caffeinated tea on an empty stomach is rough. drink it after food. you can also superdilute it by making it in a larger thermos or water bottle so every sip is less concentrated and takes you longer to drink. This also boosts your water intake! :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I like Lipton acai/blueberry and the orange flavored one with amber agave. Its really yummy and not too strong. Maybe try a few new brands?
  • runningwild00
    Options
    I agree with what other said, if it makes you feel bad, don't drink it!!!
    If you really want to keep drinking it....maybe try a different flavor? I had a green tea with blueberry that was so good! Add lemon or a little honey?
  • thedandylion
    Options
    I have it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach so will try drinking it once I've had some food.

It doesn't make me feel REALLY bad just unpleasant sometimes, I like drinking it so hopefully having something to eat and brewing it for a shorter amount of time will do the trick.
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Tetleys Green tea with Lemon is lovelyy :) not as heavy on the tummy either x