Hey everyone, new here :)

Options
Hi! I'm just starting out on MFP and on my weight loss goals, so I'm really new to it all!

I've been unhappy with my weight for as long as I can remember and going through disordered eating phases of binging and starving on and off for a long time. I gained about 15lbs over the past few months, bringing me to my current weight of ~163lbs at 5'7. I'm at a point now where I'm not only self concious but physically uncomfortable as well. My biggest goal is to be nicer to myself. I'm looking to improve myself mentally and physically, and what better place to start than with my body! I've been having a pretty rough time family-wise, and it's time for me to do something for me!

So here I am. I'm starting off slow with small goals, and hopefully I can work my way up to where I want to be. Trying not to focus so much on where I am now, but where I'm capable of going. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • phoebsies
    Options
    Good luck! I'm new to MFP too! Feel free to add me.
  • cmicks85
    Options
    All the best with your journey - feel free to add me so we can support each other! I have about 50 pounds to lose :)
  • Lisacita
    Options
    Good luck! I am also new here. You can feel free to add me! :)
  • lofy17
    lofy17 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm new too!! Anyone can add me! I'm always looking for more inspiration! :)
  • dardar98
    dardar98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Doesn't seem like you have too much to loose. I am also 5'7" and my highest weight has been 205. I am then went down to 180 but now am back up to 187. I started back on FP just last week and have dropped 2 lbs (was 189.6) first weigh in. They say my ideal weight would be 167 but I was quite comfortable at 180. I may aim for 175 this time :-)

All that to say if I was your weight at my height I would be below my ideal weight. Are you very small boned? Good luck with your challenge.

Darlene
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.. im new here also.. just started today and if anyone wants to add me feel free too... I think we all need friends to keep us motivated.