Life change.

Options
Just started on MFP and looking forward to a life change. I'm starting this process because I don't want my son to end up like me. Also I want to be around for him and my wife for as long as I can. I am scared to death of having a massive heart attack and not being with them. The sad thing is that I am only 31. My goal is to lose 120 lbs over the next year and a half. I can't remember the last time I was under 300 lbs so it will be a tough journey. Wish me luck.

Replies

• hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good luck on ure weight loss journey!!!
  • MOREBAGPUSS
    Options
    Well done for making the choice to start on your journey not just for your family but for yourself. There are lots of help and guidance the key is accepting the advice and remember its not a diet it's a life style change. MFP is a fantastic tool to help you, if you don't have gym membership there are plenty of at home alternatives to incorporate an active family home life that the whole family will benefit from. Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress on MFP.
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good luck, add me if you want!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! One day at a time, one meal at a time. In no time flat it will be a habit!
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Dude, that's an awesome goal! Just focus on 1 lb per week though... and anything above that is just extra awesome-sauce! And expect to have some off days, and to have plateaus, but to also feel better than you ever have in your life!

Log in EVERY DAY, even when you're stressed, sick, whatever to be accountable, even if that day you blow over your cal count. You will then know what you have to do to compensate the following days. Don't forget to sensibly treat yourself too! That's just life -- finding balance. :)

Good luck, or more aptly, good choices!

x

p.s. post pics and notes of your progress and struggles throughout your journey...
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great source of support and information (take just about everything with the figurative grain of salt).

Start with baby steps and don't try to rush yourself and you'll do just fine.

Good luck, and congrats on taking the first step.
  • naner61
    naner61 Posts: 85
    Options
    A big huge CONGRATS:flowerforyou: for taking the first step on your journey!

Take it one day at a time, celebrate small victories, don't beat yourself up if you slip...we all slip but the important thing is to get back up and keep going. Push yourself to meet goals you set because it is those that give you motivation.

Don't let anyone discourage you!

Feel free to add me if you like and I will always be supportive!
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You're going to do great. Just be committed to logging in and keeping yourself accountable. (I am reminding myself of that right now) Best wishes!
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Alot of good advice here...

just take it one day at a time and one lb at a time....for me focusing on small goals
    has been working for me, otherwise its too overwhelming.
    first goal 25lbs..then 40lbs and now working on 60lbs total (15.5 more to go)

you made the first step so now enjoy the journey :)
    feel free to add me if you want extra support....we're all in this together :)