2 cups Chicken Broth
1 cup white wine
6 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 onion-diced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp minced garlic
1.5 tbsp EVOO
2 cups chopped baby spinach

wash the quinoa (i just put it in a really fine strainer and run water for about 2 minutes). This will keep it from getting bitter. In a skillet,heat the EVOO and add the onions and garlic, cook until translucent. Add the quinoa and stir once before adding 1.5 cups chicken broth, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup white wine. bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 min.

In a separate pan, use a little EVOO (just enough to coat pan) and cook mushrooms, about 5 minutes, add the rest of the chicken broth, wine and balsamic, plus some spices (i used thyme, season salt, and cracked pepper) and bring to a boil, let simmer so the liquid reduces. Combine everything together and add the chopped spinach. i think this would be good if you added a little cheese in it but i didn't have any. this was so amazingly good and came out to about 200 calories per serving (we got 5 servings out of it) Enjoy!

Replies

• lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just bought some quinoa last grocery trip. I tried a sort of salsa/quinoa recipe and it was so good! I'll try this one too.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Santan9ful
    Options
    I love Quinoa-Thanks for sharing:happy:
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! We love quinoa AND it's gluten free, so BONUS!! Thanks for sharing.
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump. Yum!
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Quinoa can get bitter? I did not know that. How many servings in this recipe, please? It sounds very tasty.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for some good recipes! Thank you, will have to try this one.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Quinoa can get bitter? I did not know that. How many servings in this recipe, please? It sounds very tasty.

i dont know if bitter is the "right" word but i buy mine at the farmers market and you just scoop it out of a bin. the first time i made it, i didn't rinse it or anything and it had a really weird taste. i asked the owner the next time i went back and she said to make sure you rinse it good!

i got about 5 servings out of this, it came out to around 200 calories