Up for the challenge!

Options
Hey Everyone! I'm new to MFP and looking to/for support and motivation from others who are on a similar journey.

I'm a 28 year old female - I recently gained back 40 lbs that I had worked so hard to lose about 3 years ago. It came from a combination of factors - I was living overseas in a really rural and remote community and had little control over my diet (very starchy foods), so I gained a few pounds there. But because I was walking everywhere, the damage wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.

Then I moved back to Canada and started a new job, and that's where the weight gain really started (a new job was also how I gained the original 40 lbs, 4 years ago). I seem to be able to maintain a healthy weight when I'm a student/grad student, but as soon as I start working full time, it just becomes that much harder to motivate myself to go to the gym after work.

But I am back track - I finally woke up one morning and felt really ready to tackle this weight. I've been toying with the idea for about 6 months but wasn't ever committed, until one morning something clicked. So here I am!! I know I can do this because I've done it before, and now it's just a matter of making it happen and wanting it bad enough (which I do!)

I've love to have some people to share this journey with and motivate each other along the way. :)

Good luck to everyone with your own goals and I look forward to reading more success stories and sharing my own one day!

Replies

• johnnygoodlife
    Options
    good luck and i hope that you hit your goal.ive lost over 20lbs in the last 30 days by running an hour a day on the treadmill and by eating lots of greens
  • lewshetland
    lewshetland Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a working mum too. I always lose weight in the holidays and struggled when working. Friend request sent.