Lots of challenges this week

Options
This week my will has been challenge from every angle. First, my husband brings home 740 calories chocolate muffins. Yesterday, I go to happy hour and co-workers are trying to push all kinds of alcohol. Today, I am working from 2 a to 2 p. I am extremely tired. I forgot to mention all the family drama and school assignments and finals.

Replies

• vaimaru
    vaimaru Posts: 10
    Options
    aww hey hun yea i totally know what u mean, theres always temptations around us and its soo much harder to control ourselves when we are tired, apparently we make bad choices when we havent slept well. it seems like u have alot of stuff going on, have u thought about maybe de-cluttering your life? u know how they say u should get rid of clothes or items u havent used in 6 months to a year and give it away, throw them out , donate it etc... well maybe u should do the same in ur life, try to declutter it by reducing the stresses u encounter. for instance, the term happy hour... its a given that as soon as u walk into a bar, restaurant, buffet w/e ur asking for trouble- so don't go there to begin with in order to avoid temptation, that way people wont force or push u to eat or drink high calorie foods. and tell ur husband to stop bringing home high fattening foods. ask him if he would like to join u on ur healthy mission, and if he doesnt tell me he needs to respect u buy eating them muffins in the car before he comes inside the house, like they say "out of sight out of mind", that way its not constantly in ur face, also are u able to take a shift at work that is in align with normal business hours? or perhaps switch to a part time schedule or reduce the hours, and try to avoid family dramas as much as possible by staying away from family arguments that u dont need to concern urself with since it will just only make u stress out and freak out. decluttering ur life will help u reduce some of the stress which will help u concentrate on losing weight and staying healthy. like AA members say and as cliche as it may sound

"take it one day at a time"

good luck msonia11

Peyton
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awww! Hugs to you! I know how it feels to deal with everything ALL at once. You are not alone...I am awake but exhausted right along with you right now.

Keep your goals in mind! Remember who your doing this for....YOU! And while you work out and keep your hands out of the cookie jar, remember that you have thousands of people all over the world supporting you every step of the way.

XOXOXO
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you guys for the awesome advice. I feel better already!!