I just need reassurance

Options
I'm not losing weight. And my clothes aren't fitting better. I am only on week 2. I know this is laughable and water weight is probably to blame. But i feel i have been eating this amount of calories for years. I have been under my TDEE of 2500 every day. I feel if i eat more it is excessive. I guess I just need someone to tell me it will all be okay.

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Trust the process.
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing weight. And my clothes aren't fitting better. I am only on week 2. I know this is laughable and water weight is probably to blame. But i feel i have been eating this amount of calories for years. I have been under my TDEE of 2500 every day. I feel if i eat more it is excessive. I guess I just need someone to tell me it will all be okay.

i know how you feel right now ! its been 2 weeks for me and i see no progree at all just 1 little pound. my clothes still fit the same. i workout 5 days a week and when i can 6 days a week and i eat up to 1200 caloies and nothing. :( im sure its our body adjusting and pretty soon we will see the scale do down . if you want add me so we can motivate each other
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Trust the process.

Agreed. Give it more than a few weeks
  • Jazzy1961
    Options
    It took me months to see any loss at all. While I don't have too much to lose (10-15 lbs), I wasn't eating enough. I, too, felt like I was eating more than I should...but what I realized is that eating too little was actually preventing me from losing weight.

Give it some more time and make sure you add exercise to your week.

Keep us posted on your progress!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    If your eating correctly and at a healthy amount, it can take your body some time to adjust to your exercise/deficit to start losing weight.. Wait 2 months and see how it goes.. The first few weeks are always the hardest.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's unclear whether you are eating based on your TDEE or based on the MFP method

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • johnnygoodlife
    Options
    the weight and inchs will come off.are you eating lots of greens, and are you cutting your carbs down cause the body eats carbs before it burns protien
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It will all be ok!

Seriously... I think we need more info. How tall are you, what do you weigh, what is your age? Are you exercising?

2500 is a considerable amount of calories. My TDEE is around 2700... I've been trying to eat around 2,000 calories and exercising, and the weight is coming off fast (2-3 pounds a week).

With 30 pounds to lose, I'd say you can probably eat around 2,000 calories without much of a problem. Try eating "mini meals" through the day - split the 2,000 calories into 5 mini-meals of 400 calories. That way you'll be eating every 3 hours or so - which helps to keep your metabolism going all day long and you won't be hungry. Have protein and complex carb with each meal, veggies with at least two meals.

Exercise, and don't eat those calories back! I try to burn at least 500 calories every day between the gym and walking.
  • RangerJess
    Options
    Mine yo-yoed and went up .8 pounds at week three. That's rough but I just gotta remember to plow through it. I'm sure the body is trying to figure out what's happen with the changes. If you keep working out and tracking calories and eating healthy it'll work out - sadly just not as quickly as any of us would like!

Keep it up! You're going to do great :-)
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    it takes work, it's not going to be easy, it's not going to be fun all the time
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I agree I would visit this thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

You're not giving us very much info to go off of. Looking at your profile it seems that you have 30 pounds to lose, but you are only in a 300 calorie deficit (if your TDEE truly is 2500). That will produce pretty slow results and two weeks would not be enough time to notice a difference IMO.
  • MadsW1
    MadsW1 Posts: 4
    Options
    sorry, noob here. what's TDEE?
  • tammymae3
    Options
    Make sure you are not eating too few calories. I caught myself in that trap and I didn't lose any weight for along time!!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

i know how you feel right now ! its been 2 weeks for me and i see no progree at all just 1 little pound. my clothes still fit the same. i workout 5 days a week and when i can 6 days a week and i eat up to 1200 caloies and nothing. :( im sure its our body adjusting and pretty soon we will see the scale do down . if you want add me so we can motivate each other

It takes a while for things to start and are what is the intensity level of your excercise?
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi, it is not laughable!!! I am in the same boat just older than you. It will take more than two weeks so believe me stick with it cause it really and truly does work. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like to. I am always happy to have new friends to help and motivate. Drink lots and lots of water!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think instead of looking at all the different kinds of fat, if you just look at total fat, and then add looking at your sodium and calcium, you'll have a better idea where you need to go. If you're overeating on sodium, you'll never lose the water weight. Also, calcium is important, it's much easier to lose when you're getting enough of it, so check that out.

Did you use the MFP goal setting tool to set your totals, or did you enter your own goals? I found the tool very helpful for setting my goals and it's been effective.

Hang in there, it can take some time for your body to catch up with the changes you're making.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Back up, you did not put the weight on in 2 weeks, it takes time
    and your body is in the thinking mode,
    (like: what! I better hold on to these calories)
    Trust the system
    You can do it!
    We did
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    1. It takes time to create masterpieces. You will not be resculpted over night.
    2. It's going to be okay.
    3. Keep at it.
  • CLivingston722
    CLivingston722 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I read something that says it take 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for friends/family, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Hang in there! My friend lost weight by reducing his calorie intake by 500 calories at a time. First he logged what he was eating and found out how many calories he consumed on a regular day. Then he reduced that by 500 and started walking for 30 minutes a day. He's a string bean now!
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    You can do this! Just keep at it.