Polar HRM decision

Options
I'm torn between a Polar F6 and Polar F4 HRM. Has anyone used either or both and can offer any advice? Thanks!

-D

Replies

• jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    Good Morning
    I have a Polar F6 and I love love love it!!! Although I have not been able to ever link it to the internet, I don't really need to use that feature because it has a diary in it and then I transfer that info to MFP. I think I have not linked it because my microphone is ancient and I just do not feel the need to go and spend money on one that will be compatible. I love it because I know exactly how many calories I burn when working out and because I know how high or low my heart rate gets. My husband bought me a pink watch with a black strap for Christmas and it is very stylish as well because I can wear it to work and out and about. I have no experience with the F4 so I could not give any advice about that one. I would definitely go with the F6!!! Good Luck!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60, but I can offer some advice to help you choose. If you workout at a gym, you will need the F6, since the F4 is not coded. That means that the HRM could pick up interferences from other peoples HRM or equipment with a HRM that is not coded. The F4 is also not backlit. If you workout in the darker parts of the morning or night, there is no light to allow you to see the watch face. I would recommend going to the Polar website and looking at a side-by-side comparison of features.

Good Luck.
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i got the FT7 and i love it! i did alot of research before i bought one and i ended up choosing the FT7 (guys watch not the girls...it was ugly lol) you can upload all your workouts with this one too, just hook up your Flowlink to your comp and then put your watch down on it and it brings everything up haha
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The Polar F6 allows you to manually enter VO2 max--the F4 does not. If you are not going to get the F6 or better, there probably is no reason to pay the premium for the Polar brand.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I agree, go with Polar F6. :) I love mine.
  • yogamazinglife
    yogamazinglife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just bought an F6 on amazon. I can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks for the help everyone!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    The Polar F6 allows you to manually enter VO2 max--the F4 does not. If you are not going to get the F6 or better, there probably is no reason to pay the premium for the Polar brand.
    As someone who bought the F4, I have to agree. I wish I'd known what I was doing at the time and gotten an F6 instead. Live and learn... :tongue: