Measurements

Options
I measured before but know know how often i should do it or which parts i should keep up with. Anything is helpful. Thanks

Replies

• LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    its really up to you I think, but I know people that measure every week because you often lose inches even when you don't lose pounds and it can really help keep you motivated when you see the tape getting tighter even if the scale doesn't move too much!

WHAT you keep up with is also based on you and your goals. If you are trying to tone and tighten, or build muscles, what you are working out. If you are going for all over weight loss like me, I am not sure where I will lose first because I honestly gained it all too fast to notice how I gained it. I measure everything, ankles, calf, thigh., widest part of hips, smallest part of waist, bra band, shoulders, forearm, wrist upper arm and neck. A lot of these won't lose much all the time, but a lot of people don't want to miss even a fourth of a change. I'm really glad I measured everything in the very beginning. Just a 20 pound loss made such a HUGE inch change over all! It's really motivating.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose. I'm pretty close to goal, so I only measure and take progress pics every two weeks. Not enough progress to document more often than that. I do record my weight weekly, however.

I would say the key measurements are neck, bust, natural waist, hips, thighs (the top of the thighs), calves, and biceps. But depending on your body shape (apple, pear, etc.), there may be other measurements you want to keep track of, too.
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help.