New and Looking for buddies

Options
One of the things that I don't like to do when I'm trying to lose weight is to tell my friends/co-workers in real life. I find there is too much pressure then. People mean to be supportive, but sometimes I don't want to talk about how I'm doing, or why I don't want to go out for lunch with everyone.

So I'm going to keep things semi-private. I am blogging about my attemp right now @ http://todaysthedayilose.blogspot.com/ but very few of my IRL friends read my main blog, so I doubt anyone has found this one.

But.....

I do love the support of an online community and friends! So if anyone here is looking for support or is willing to support me, I would love to add you as a "friend" and follw your journey along.

Thanks so much! Andy

Replies

• Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can agree with you there ! There really is too much pressure when the people in your life are watching you ! My husband is the one continually telling people that I am on a diet. I am not on a diet. I am making a lifestyle change and I don't need the world to know !...lol. So welcome to the site. Hope that you love it as much as I do ! :)
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Welcome and I agree with you!
    I will add you as a buddy :smile:
  • andy_drouin
    andy_drouin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great support and friend requests!!