Avoid trigger foods.

Options
Weight Loss Surgery Support:
Daily Inspiration for April 23, 2010
Katie Jay,MSW

Avoid the foods that do you in. :drinker:

What, if any, foods trigger negative emotions in you? Do you crave certain foods? Are there foods that make you feel deprived? These foods are the ones to avoid as much as possible.

No one is perfect, but the people who succeed at lasting weight loss are the ones who understand how certain foods negatively affect them and eliminate those foods from their diet. Try to be honest with yourself as you examine your feelings during meals.

Action for the day: In your journal, write down how you feel about this day's inspiration. Do any foods come to mind that you need to consider eliminating from your diet?

© 2010, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report, How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at www.nawls.com.

Replies

• renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER!!! It's like Crack, once I eat a little I want more and more. Have been working for 3 weeks to cure my peanut butter addiction!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Chocolate. Even a snack size candy bar makes me crave bad stuff for the rest of the day.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,362 Member
    Options
    Cookies and fast foods are my trigger foods. I do not eat cookies and I am working on eliminating all fast foods from my diet. So far doing good.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Cereal and donuts. I have to buy something I don't like for my kids or it's gone in a day or so. :( Sometimes even the kinds I don't like, I eat. I've gotten better over the years but I've been known to poor water into a box to stop myself. Crazy I know.......
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Even a snack size candy bar makes me crave bad stuff for the rest of the day.

I totally get this!! I am such a chocolaholic!! I can't even have it in the house or I will eat every piece!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Planter's Pistachio Lovers Mix - I received a huge container as a gift including a 1lb bag of shelled pistachios!!! Horrible, Horrible - who can resist?????
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,362 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time controlling my self with any kind of trail mix, cashews, etc. That is why I love individual sizes for nuts. I can control myself with almonds and walnuts.