I am NOT EATING any more pork!!!

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's never felt so good to be a BBQ lovin' heathen I must say. Going to 20 hr slow smoke a pork shoulder this weekend...and it's going to be all kinds of awesome.
  • purrywinkle
    Options
    I LOOOOVEEEE PORK
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The bible is not the word of god, it is the word of the only literate men in the 3rd century.

...so I can't pawn this signed copy I have for money?

...dag.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    That was the old testament, the new testament doesn't speak about that. Eat what you want. If you want to stop eating pork then stop, but blaming the bible makes no sense to me.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What's your source for this?

Apple source? :laugh:

bacon-cabin.jpg?cb5e28
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Yet Christians are unaware that the God they profess to believe in had condemned the eating of swine's flesh.

Actually, if you took the time to read the New Testament, you would see that ALL (yes, ALL including pork) foods were declared clean for Christians to eat. The no-pork thing is a Jewish rule.

^^^THIS^^^
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    The bible is not the word of god, it is the word of the only literate men in the 3rd century.

...so I can't pawn this signed copy I have for money?

...dag.

Take it to Rick from Pawn Stars if you don't believe me. His buddy's an expert. :laugh:
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Pork and shellfish were "outlawed" in the Bible because they didn't have refrigeration and it was a desert climate. It was very easy for trichinosis and other things to develop in the meat, making it unsafe to eat. As they didn't have an understanding of microbiology back then, they declared pork and shellfish dangerous.

Now that we understand microbiology, pasteurization, and refrigeration, meat is much safer as long as it is handled, prepared, and cooked properly. I'm not saying it's 100% safe, but it's certainly not the potential infection/death sentence it was when that book of fairy tales was written.
  • stilleto816
    Options
    i think i lost 5 lbs. just laughing at the response posts! MFP family you guys are crazy, I love it.
    oh gotta go my bacon pork chop sandwhich is ready for pickup! lol
    Thanks for sharing the info.
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    Wow, this is one of the most entertaining topics today...some very clever responses to this :drinker: ...sadly, now I crave bacon and I only have roast beef for lunch!:sad:
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am not reading a word... I love pork and don't want that love ruined!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten pork in my life.... no sense in starting now
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Vegetarianism wins again

no
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    :laugh: p.s.
    so SURPRIZED no one has slammed you for typing "biolical" instead of biological....LOL

Where are all of the spelling nazi's???

Yah, I came to say I couldn't figure out whether it was a typo for "biological" or "biblical" in the end.

Or maybe...

DIABOLICAL!

AIF027.jpg&maxx=400&maxy=0
  • dont_u_mean_carrots
    Options
    So we must follow scriptures?

But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:12

Don't like Timothy? how about some more fun from Leviticus that you quote about pork and also wouldn't that make football also against the word of god?

Leviticus 19:27 reads "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."

Leviticus 19:19 reads, "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together." Better check the tags on your clothes...tsk, tsk, tsk.

Do you eat shellfish?

Leviticus 11:10 reads, "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.

But don't take my word for it...open it up and verify everything posted here.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Bacon+rules.+not+sure+if+its+been+on+here+thought_27612e_3719115.jpg
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8BUFjlRp90u63BpgbalZMPvWMbXiXRuVpt5lAfje2In0h0KaLyw
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

I found this line particularly amusing. It specifies T-bone, which is typically not a very fatty cut but makes no mention of the type of pork chop. A loin chop can be nearly lean as a skinless chicken breast, whereas other chops can be quite fatty. Same with ribs, no mention of the type of beef rib, but specifies pork spare ribs which are typically the fattiest.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yet Christians are unaware that the God they profess to believe in had condemned the eating of swine's flesh.

Actually, if you took the time to read the New Testament, you would see that ALL (yes, ALL including pork) foods were declared clean for Christians to eat. The no-pork thing is a Jewish rule.

^^^ This (as far as the biblical thing goes)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Before you start reading, let me explain, biblical reasons or not, I am going with the biolical reasons!!!

Biolical? That is a new word...
This discussion has been closed.