Help-having problems eating 1200 calories

Options
Hi, let me begin by saying that I joined this site to eat cleaner/healther. I am NOT a big eater to begin with so I am having alot of problems eathing my 1200 calories/per let alone once I add in my fitness for the day. My profile says I am not eating enough. I have about 10 lbs to lose, but my goal is to eat healthy and get toned.

I usually do 20-25 mins of cardio 3-4 days a week just by walking or running on the treadmill, then at night I try to get to the gym and do either goodlife bodypump or bodystep class I usually get two of each in per week for a total of 4 classes.

Any suggestions on what I can do to help with this, i usually burn anywhere from 500-700 extra calories per day when I include my exercise and I just can't seem to eat those extra calories.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Harleygirl :)

Replies

• Linda345
    Options
    Are you eating healthy fats, such as avacados, walnuts, almonds?
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!
  • NLKatherine
    NLKatherine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you're not eating enough calorie rich food. If you're surviving on fruits and veggies that are mostly water, although you may feel like you're full you are essentially starving your body of nutrients.

Try adding in nuts, avacados, or some cheese.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat the calories it does you no good to burn them, you are only harming your body by not fueling your workouts so it would be better not to workout so much. Are you overweight? Add some of things you believe are bad back to your diet if you need more calories.
  • DebsComeBack
    DebsComeBack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&M's is a good start.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'd also look into some foods that have a good amount of protein if you are going for a toned look. I eat 100 calorie packs of almonds during the day to help carry me between meals.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How about some Avocado... Nuts... Granola? Lots of little meals with lean meats. Beans.
    I have trouble staying within 1800 calories so unfortunately I can't imagine your situation.
    If you try to get six healthy meals a day they should add up in a hurry.
    Good luck!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough for someone with only 10 lbs to lose. Focus on more calorie dense foods like nuts, olive oil, avocados, full fat cheeses
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Eat more nuts, seeds, very oily fish like mackerel or sardines, dried fruit, hard cheese, avocado, olives, coconut, low sugar dark chocolate. It's not difficult to retrain your appetite, spread your meals and calories through the day and increase your overall intake slowly if needs be.

Don't train more than one hour a day, if you can do more then you are simply not working at the right intensity.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What's your macros? Possible eating more fruit might opt your appitete and then obviously all the other tips the other guys said about getting more healthy fats is an easy way to get more calories. A protein shake is an easy way to get more protein and more calories. Make it with coconut milk, olive oil, egg, any fruit/vegetable you like and protein powder and you can nearly get just 1200 calories in that!
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&M's is a good start.

No, this is not a start at all for a clean/healthy diet.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    maybe you are over estimating your calories burned; if possible, purchase an HRM to get a more accurate number