Hypothyroid friends, assemble!

Options
I'm coming up on 30 years old with hypothyroid. The combination of the thyroid issue and the slowing of my metabolism as I go into the dirty 30's is really making my efforts much harder than they should be.

Looking for some friends who know what I'm going through and know I'm not using 'glandular' issues as an excuse.

Replies

• SammyHKSmith
    Options
    hiya!

I'm also coming up to 30 (next month) and have suffered with an underactive thyroid since I was 17.

Feel free to add me - we can be buddies! xx
  • igrratu
    Options
    pick me/add me!!! I too have been on medication off and on (mostly due to my lack of being consistent with anything...) since 16 and am about to turn 30. I've finally been able to lose some weight lately but the continued motivation/competition would be awesome!
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25 with Hypothyroid. I was diagnosed at 14 with Hashimoto's. Feel free to add me!

Also, check out this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/770-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just had my thyroid removed a week before my 30th in October(my profile pic is on my birthday and you can still see my stitches). I became hypo during/after my pregnancy (although my doctor believes I always suffered from an underactive thyroid). Although my levels sorted themselves out into a normal range I had developed a large nodule and as a result had to have a total thyroidectomy. Its been few months now and I still don't feel "normal" although my levels are ok. Still tired and get nauseous but I am determined to lose this weight I've put on in the last couple of years. Feel free to add me or ask any questions you may have :)
  • ChrisC8181
    ChrisC8181 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism 2 weeks ago. Am taking the generic form of Synthroid, 50 mcg, once a day. I gained 30 lbs in about 6 months, and was feeling tired, somewhat depressed, and cold. Doctor said I may be hypo and low and behold, I am! So here I am, trying to lose weight...I'd like to lose about 40 lbs.

Good luck all, we can do this!
  • IzzyIsa
    Options
    Hello!

All of you feel free to add me as your friends on MFP. I've been diagnosed with hopthyroid in October 2012 but my doctor and I had been suspecting it for a while. We just had to wait for a few blood tests (done a few weeks apart) to see if I was really suffering from it. I put on a LOT of pounds because of it. I started medication on Oct 31 and we adjusted it on Jan 12.

I'm 35 years old and am on MFP daily. So if you are looking for a MFP friend to help motivate you and vice versa, I'm your gal!

Isabelle