how much have you lost and how long did it take you?

Options
Just wondering. How much you all needed to loose how long did it take you to really start loosing and what did you do to loose it?

I need to loose about 70 pounds :-) and I want to hear some success stories! :-)

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    about 2.5 years. I have averaged 1 lb/wk overall, but started out faster and ended up a lot slower.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I choose the goal of 50 pounds to lose. I could lose more. I am down to 47 lbs and so far its been 11 months. I choose 1 pound per week.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    71 lbs since Labor Day!! thinner but not stronger... got the whole skinny fat thing going on...now working on building muscle
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just passed the 100 lb mark yesterday (!) and I started in earnest in February of 2012.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    55 lbs and it took me seven months.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    its taken me two years and two months so far...but im really not worried about the time that it takes to lose weight, its not a race and so long as i keep on the right path of being healthy the weight it just a bonus!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I started in March 2012 and have lost 115 pounds so far. I still have a way to go, but I feel much better than I did when I started!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    75 lbs. and it's taken a LONG 20 months. Slow and steady, right?
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Took me a year to lose 76 pounds. Have about 35 more to go.
  • cldwyer150
    Options
    Lost 42 pounds and it took about 6 months for the first 35 and the last 7 took another 3 months! Still have 5 pounds to go but I am not stressed about those. I am so much stronger and look and feel so much healthier
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 and it's taken me a year and a half! I didn't take any breaks. Has anyone else lost as slow? I exercise almost daily.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 in 6 weeks starting the beginning of November. But I've been stuck for the last three weeks. :)
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    32lbs since June 21st 2012!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 60lbs since July 2011. That was post-baby, so the initial weight actually took a while to shift. I've lost weight at a faster rate for the 6 months I've been using MFP. I've got about 10lbs left to go now.

I do measurements as well as check my weight - I've lost 10 inches off my waist, 10 off each thigh, and 10 off my hips. Also about an inch off each calf and maybe a bit more off my arms, can't remember for that one!
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 38 pounds in 4 months. I still have about that much to go, but since I'm seeing gains in strength, endurance, and energy every day, and never really feel deprived, the final goal doesn't have the urgency it had back in the days when I used to try to 'diet'.
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    13 lbs since Oct 15th.
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    First off- this isn't a race. It's a never-ending life changing journey. Comparing yourself to other people will just create frustration at yourself. Everyone loses at a different rate based on how much they exercise, and how much they stick to their plan.

Your weight loss will depend on you. Instead of focusing on 70 lbs- focus on a short term goal- I celebrate each pound I take off because each pould takes an enormous amount of effort.

My husband and I are both on MFP- in the same amount of time it's taken me to lose 31 lbs- he was able to lose 60, and we both followed our own plans with the same level of devotion- we even ate the same foods since he's the chef (albeit in different portion sizes!)

So don't compare yourself to anyone else. Whether you fail or succeed is solely up to you.
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been at it since January 2012, only lost 15 lbs, but have lost 6% of my body fat and lots of inches. I am alot stronger, started out lifting 8 lb dumbbells and am now lifting 15 & 20 lbs dumbbells depending on what I am doing. I started out at 162.8 lbs and am at 147.4 lbs now, 32.8% body fat and am at 27.1% body fat now, only looking to get to 135 lbs and 22% body fat at most probably,:smile: but seriously toned. they always say the last 10 lbs is the hardest well that's kinda where I been through my whole journey so sometimes it sucks, but I keep pushing and can totally see a difference. So hang in there it is a lifetime commitment and you can do it! good luck!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    2 years to lose about 160 pounds and get it to stick.

The next 100 pounds were slower.... and took me about 3 years to really get it to stick. I could lose it fast, but it would come back.

All that said, if I had to average it out, I'd say I take about a month to lose 6-8 pounds if I want to keep them off. I've got 50 more to go and I've given myself all of 2013 to do it.
  • jacktin
    jacktin Posts: 24
    Options
    I am trying to lose 120 lbs. I have only lost about 5 lbs in 6 months. ARGH! I am so frustrated by it too. I work out pretty much every day and my diet is 1350 to 1680 calories a day. 8 + glasses of water, whole grains, 5 fresh fruit/veggies a day. No clue what I am doing wrong. I have even been to the doctor and had bloodwork for thyroid checked (everything is okay- though I have Lupus) and she told me I am doing everything right, it is just very slow for me.