big boned and tall?

Options
hello, im big boned and im tall im around 5,11 and i was wonering if anybody knows the healthy weight for someone of my size. I was also wondering if there are some other big boned ladies out there... just need support because lately i have been having body issues.

but my
SW 210
CW 178
GW 160

Replies

• mbennett4408
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my ideal weight is between 150-170. I believe you can also count in age. I am older (53). Hope this helps....
  • kdank
    kdank Posts: 29
    Options
    ok im a dude so this may not count for anything, but whatever you do, dont look at those charts and stuff. Im 6'4" and 280ish now, my dr told me my ideal weight was 195 (aint weight that since 9th grade). However i was 243 when i was playing football and was in super shape so thats what im going for. I say it just depends on what you are comfortable with. Dont go with what someone tells you it should be.
  • Ailorn
    Ailorn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try forgetting the number. Even if/when you hit your goal weight you may be dissatisfied with how you look. I know I was when i was your age. Try finding an exercise that you love to do and see if that helps. I read a lot about how building muscle changes how the weight looks on you, and you feel better too. All those yummy exercise endorphins. For me I love yoga, but only in a group/class. The energy, support and acceptance from others makes it fun and relaxing.

PS. Anxiety about anything releases cortisol (stress chemical) that doesnt help with holding onto fat. Try 5 minutes once or twice a day of deep slow breathing (4 seconds in, hold for 1, out for 4-5. Your belly should move, not your chest). Feels good. There's guided relaxation on youtube too.
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 165. I think i could actually stay at this weight if i lost fat and put on muscle. My goal weight for now is 130 but I very well may adjust it to be higher after I see how my body starts looking with strength training.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's whatever weight you're comfy at. When I was 135 pounds, I was a stick, but when I went in the military and put on muscle, I was 155, but I was comfy at that weight. Now, I'd just be happy to see 160 again.
  • Frau6201
    Frau6201 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 as well. I believe for females at our height the healthy weight range is 132-174. I use www.fitclick.com quite often for calories burned per exercise/minute and it offers a lot detail on body mass index. The site may be helpful for you to determine where you are at now and where you want to be. Even though I am in the "healthy" range, I have an elevated cholesterol issue I'm trying to address plus its also how you feel inside/out...I personally don't like the "loose" frumpy feeling I have been having lately so I'm working on toning/tightening to get me into the lower side of the weight range which my goal is 150 for now.
  • SNWilliams13
    Options
    I am 5'10" and i weigh 321lbs. The smallest I remember being is 230. I KNOW I don't want to be smaller than 190 lbs.
  • spicylemonade
    spicylemonade Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It depends what your goal is. I'm 5'11" and big-boned with broad shoulders, and I've been down to 160. But my body fat percentage was around 30%, I didn't have much muscle definition, and I was pretty much skinnyfat with a tummy pouch. My goal for this year is to be 170 with 20% body fat. I'll weigh more, yes, but I look much smaller and more trim overall.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, and my wrist/forearm measurements (done by a doctor's office) have me in a "large frame" size. The lowest I had ever been was about 162-165 and it was nothing I could maintain, and I still had a fair bit of fat...skinny-fat I guess.

I am aiming for around 175-180 I guess, but mostly I'm just going to keep on working my muscles to burn fat and see where I go, the scale doesn't always move, but my pants are getting loose again.