Hourglass figures close to 5 foot 5 inches

Options
Looking for some success stories for any hour glass figures out there who are close to 5 foot 5 inches! I am 5 4 at 175 and looking to get down to 125. Need some motivation, support and inspiration from you curvy hour glass figured woman!

Replies

• ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not quite to my goal yet 9and I haven't really taken any official "after" pictures), but I'm 5'3" to 5'4"ish and 37-28-37 :) I'll be taking pics in a few more lbs... Probably XD
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm hour glass and 5'5". Started at around 165 and now I'm at about 132. Looking to drop down to about 127. Feel free to look through my profile pictures for my progress!
  • DaisyAliceB
    DaisyAliceB Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's me, started at 150lbs, 5lbs down, got another 5-15lbs to go (depending on what feels right).
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    5'5.5, started at 152, i am now 132. My goal is 120 or 17-18 % body fat.
    Measurments 35-25-36.
  • WomanOnAMission2013
    Options
    You all look great! What have you used to get the weight off? Im doing Zumba, Kickboxing and Id like to do 30 Day Shred! Anyone tried those?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You all look great! What have you used to get the weight off? Im doing Zumba, Kickboxing and Id like to do 30 Day Shred! Anyone tried those?
    I tried 30 days Shred. It gets results but it's really hard on my crappy knees. I can go for about 15 days and then i need to stop. But like i said, I have bad knees. I just lift weghts now and i do cardio once or twice a week.(eliptical or jump rope)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    I lost most of the weight doing cardio only (biking, Zumba, elliptical, but have seen the most improvement with mixing NROL4W (heavy weight lifting) with HIIT and occasional other cardio (Zumba, biking).
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I have fantastic curves( somewhere under my love handles) I am starting up again with my workouts and hope to get to 125 as well! good luck!

P.S.I loved 30 day shred and ripped in 30. They are good workouts.
  • DaisyAliceB
    DaisyAliceB Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Everyone's target weight is at least 5lbs lower than mine (the absolute minimum I will go to is 132lbs)... My measurements are 38-26-38 at 145lbs, I'm don't actually want to lose too much of that!
  • nelsonhrae
    Options
    I am a stereotypical hourglass at 5'5. I started at about 155 lbs and I am currently between 132 and 135. I am looking to get down around 125ish depending if it feels ok (ie my boobs don't get smaller). I am looking to get more toned all over since I don't know about these other curvy girls but I pop out a little bit more of my curves than I would like. I currently do 60 minutes of cardio (elliptical mostly) 5-6x a week and I just started 30 day shred.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Everyone's target weight is at least 5lbs lower than mine (the absolute minimum I will go to is 132lbs)... My measurements are 38-26-38 at 145lbs, I'm don't actually want to lose too much of that!

Nothing wrong with that goal! My original goal was 135, got there wasn't happy, lowered it to 130, got there wasn't happy, and then I lowered it again. If I'm not happy with my physique at 127, I'm going to do a bulk/cut cycle because I'm not comfortable with my weight going any lower than that.

ETA My measurements are currently 32Fx24x37, I'm hoping to lose a few inches off my rear and wouldn't mind if the waist dropped a bit. My dream would be to shrink down to a 32DD because that is a size that is actually sold in stores.
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5". I am 187, have not seen any improvements. Bumping this for some motivation. Please feel free to go through my diary (or add me, just reference this post) and give me an honest assesment of what I am doing wrong. You ladies are doing great!
  • melits
    melits Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm just about 5'5" and looking to lose about 10 lbs. I've been going up and down with this damn 10 lbs since I had my son almost 3 years ago. I've got somewhat of an hour glass figure (more *kitten* that boobs though)! I just can't seem to tone up and kick this post-baby weight. Any tips or modivation is always appreciated!!!

Best wishes to you all ;)
  • panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 143 lbs (started at 195 lbs), and at last measurement I was 37-26-38. The goal I've had in mind was 140 lbs, but honestly, I could probably lose a few more pounds than that. At the same time, I look and feel great right now, so I guess I'd be ok with staying right where I am, too. When I first started, I was the very definition of a couch potato, so I started with 30 Day Shred and cutting out desserts. I branched out to more of Jillian's videos and continued slowly changing my diet. I made it down to 165 lbs that way and hit a plateau, so I took up biking and running (I loved the biking, hated the running), made it to 155 lbs, then did Insanity and P90X. My weight was wavering around 149-152 range after that, which lasted well over a year. Six months ago I decided that I really needed to figure out what to do about my diet, so I joined MFP. I've been progressing slower than MFP's roadmap for me, but that's really my own fault. I've still learned a LOT about how to eat and just where in my diet things were getting away from me. It can be done, but you have to be willing to put in the work and be painfully honest about your level of activity and exactly what you're eating. I hit another plateau about three months ago, then I bought a food scale. Turned out, I was still eating more than I had anticipated. Now I'm back on a steady loss :D
  • char362
    char362 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", currently at 146 lbs, and 40-32-39. 145 is my original goal, and I can't seem to get that last pound down. I started at 180 and hit a year long plateau at 150-155. I started taking a natural supplement to boost my metabolism, which helped me get to 146. Then I stalled again, but I wasn't really eating healthy. So I'm still on the supplement, and tracking my food here.

I would love to get down to 135, but I'm not sure if my body will allow that. The girls haven't dropped much with the weight loss, so I don't think they're going anywhere. And really, when you have big boobs, you kinda have to be realistic about weight goals. I know I still have more to lose, though.

I mostly run, but also bike and swim. I'm trying to get some strength training in since I have no upper body strength. Getting more walking in now as well, since my pup apparently chunked up over the holidays.
  • CanadaKarin
    CanadaKarin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HI there:) I am the same height and weight as you, different measurements though. Care to be friends? I am currently starting strength training ,,,day 13 of 30 day Shred is today:) Hope to hear from you:) Karin
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and looking to gain back up to 125 - 130. I'm at 117 now. 33-24-33
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I lost most of the weight doing cardio only (biking, Zumba, elliptical, but have seen the most improvement with mixing NROL4W (heavy weight lifting) with HIIT and occasional other cardio (Zumba, biking).

I'm also an hourglass (35-29-36 at ~145 lbs. currently) and found the most improvement for me has come from doing NROL4W with one or 2 cardio sessions a week thrown in, along with one or 2 yoga classes a week (the yoga is simply because I like being stretchy and bendy and it keeps me sane, I don't think it really has much to do with losing inches/fat). I've never had a ton of weight to lose, my main goal was to lose body fat. I'd love to get to 18-20% body fat, and am currently sitting somewhere around 25-26%. I made a (what I consider now to be) arbitrary weight goal of 130-135, but I'm not so concerned with the scale number anymore. Heavy lifting has made the most difference for me, more than cardio has ever done.