30 Day Shred - Day 1 and in PAIN!

Options
I did my first 30 Day Shred workout this morning and all I can say is OW!! I am in so much pain - and I feel that I'm in pretty good shape - just want to take the flab out of my arms and tummy. I can barely move tonight! This might be the push I need to stop this plateau and to start losing again. I kept thinking, "this is only level 1?" haha - highly recommended though! I was sweating within a few minutes! Can't wait to see results!

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, my body was so sore for the first few days ! Now I am ok. it is worth it, that is for sure!
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I was sore when I started level 1 and sore in the middle of level 2. I took rest days to recouperate so I could rest my muscles. It does get better and you do get stronger. I am moving on to level 3 tomorrow and I will probably get sore from using different muscle groups and have to rest them.
  • aquariuanjourney
    aquariuanjourney Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today after months and wow oh wow.. does it burn!
  • Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor claims the 30 day shred is great for his business so be careful. :happy:
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It hurts every time I start up again and I see a trainer three days a week. I LOVE IT!
  • meeshkamush
    meeshkamush Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago and wow, I am so sore (especially my legs). Day 2 I 'pushed through the pain' but found it wasn't worth it as I didn't get nearly as good of a workout. I've changed my original plan to throw in some other kinds of workouts every few days so I my muscles can recover a bit. It'll take me longer to get through the program but I'd rather not be grinding the same muscles every single day. Good luck!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor claims the 30 day shred is great for his business so be careful. :happy:

I've read a number of reviews that would concur with this. Of course I've read even more reviews of people having great success. I guess as with anything - caveat emptor. Great results seem possible, but exercise extreme caution and remember to keep form even if that means you can't keep up.
  • megamay79
    megamay79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of level 1. I was sore after day 1 and pushed through the pain on days 2 and 3. I am so glad I did because by day 4 I was feeling great! I didn't go as hard on days 2 and 3, but I figured something was better than nothing and it kept my momentum.

Im a little scared of level 2 though
  • deniseandjelich
    deniseandjelich Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i finished Day 1 of level one last night and i am a little sore today. :) I have been stuck on a plateau for the last few weeks and i am hoping the 30 DS will be just what i need to get over the hump :) I have gathered a few of my neighborhood ladies together as well for motivation. Jumping rope was a killer for me. I was definitely wiped out after 20 minutes! I am hoping it becomes easier over the next few days like many have mentioned. I plan on posting my progress in this thread. I hope we can keep each other motivated!!
  • milliem1
    Options
    Hey I'm on day 3 of level 1 and day 2 was the hardest for me, I was in a lot of pain. But today i don't feel as bad so I'm hoping it will get better from here on. Tomorrow is my rest day too so i'm hoping I will be able to put full effort in on my next day, but push through because it's gonna be worth it!
  • MirandaK62
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 Day Shred Level 1 today. I' am a little nervous, but know it will be worth it. :) Ok here we go...
  • sleepynene
    Options
    Amen.

I've done Day Two today and I'm sure my quads will never forgive me (but the cardio was already slightly easier). Wishing you all the luck with the rest of it. I'll be doing it all with you in spirit.
  • boopaie
    boopaie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every day will get easier and you will be amazed at the difference between the first and tenth day! By the tenth day, you will be ready to move on to the next workout! And wait till you see your body changes in the mirror!
  • MirandaK62
    Options
    Question here... What do you put down to record the exercise in the cardio and strength section? I would like to be really accurate. Just not sure what name to use, I typed in Jillian Michaels 30 day shed and did not come up with anything. Any ideas?
  • Capermom36
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred today as well I have seen some results and can't believe totally excited . I was surprised how out of shape I am lol...1 day down 29 to go ..just wonder if anyone has suggestions for diet I seen the meal plan that goes with the shred but it's not food I'd take the time to make it want to keep it simple.
    Cheers
    Robin
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    After my day 1 I haven't been able to do any type of workout for the past 2 days :( I am in incredible pain! My arms and my legs - it's to the point where if I sit for more than 10 minutes I can't get up without extreme difficulty. I'm letting my muscles recover so I don't injure myself - but then I'll get back to it! The heating pad is my friend! :)
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're in so much pain from this DVD, but if it is just sore muscles, the best thing you can do is another work out, whether you want to do 30 Day Shred or something else is up to you. You can try doing some cardio instead or do this workout without any weights and don't go as deep into the moves.
  • deniseandjelich
    deniseandjelich Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, level 1 day 2 complete!! Amen, i totally agree with you, my quads are killing me today, I found the cardio to be easier on day two as well. MirandaK62. I log the workout in cardio as circuit training. I am not sure if that is correct or not, but that is how i do it :) For those of you who have completed this before, how many days before your quads were no longer on fire? They are killing me now. I have to assume it will get better. I plan on taking the weekends off. I guess technically, this will be the 6 week shred for me. Does anyone pair this video with any other video for example 6 week 6 pack or Butt Bible, is it dooable or too intense?

Denise
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, level 1 day 2 complete!! Amen, i totally agree with you, my quads are killing me today, I found the cardio to be easier on day two as well. MirandaK62. I log the workout in cardio as circuit training. I am not sure if that is correct or not, but that is how i do it :) For those of you who have completed this before, how many days before your quads were no longer on fire? They are killing me now. I have to assume it will get better. I plan on taking the weekends off. I guess technically, this will be the 6 week shred for me. Does anyone pair this video with any other video for example 6 week 6 pack or Butt Bible, is it dooable or too intense?

Denise

6 Week 6 Pack uses some of the same moves as 30 DS, so I don't know that it would be a good idea to combine the two videos. I added in running on my off days.
  • MirandaK62
    Options
    Thanks Denise, I looked through the exercise data base and tried to compare as close as I could with the other workout selections. After day 1 my legs are so sore lol, but I will keep going...